I just emailed my surgeon about my chicken slip up...

tabrielle10
on 3/30/12 9:27 am

Ok OH fam, I have been convicted all day, and I just couldn't hold back anymore.  I broke down and emailed my surgeon to tell him about my chicken wing fling last night.  I told him what happened and how sorry I was and that it was out of my system. I also informed him that I am back on track and that it will not happen again. I threw in there, that I didn't want to jeopardize my life and I humbly apologetic about what I did. I asked him if I still had a chance to right my wrong.  From what I understand, a few of the locals on this site knows how Dr. Bellows is a stickler to this liquid protein diet, and will sew you right back up and send you on your way, if there is a iota of solids in your bowels.  I sent him this email with a piece of mind, and trusting God all the way that Dr. Bellows allows me to still have the surgery. At least this way, I'll know if I'm wasting my time with the remaining days to surgery or whether he will trust that I am liquefied by Wednesday morning.  Pray for me y'all!  I think I did the right thing.  Whats y'all thoughts?

onemoretry
on 3/30/12 9:36 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I think you did the right thing and hopefully you get to move forward with your surgery. If you don't, don't look at it as wasting your time. You will have learned a valuable lesson for when you do get to have it. How long did you have to wait on surgery date after your approval? Just wondering if you were pushed back, about how long you would have to wait.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

tabrielle10
on 3/30/12 9:47 am

I started in May 2011 and my approval letter came in October 2011.  All they would need to do is extend my prior auth and then I would still be able to gmy sleeve.

onemoretry
on 3/30/12 9:59 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Just how long his wait list is? Your surgery date is 6 months after your approval. Did you choose such a late date or is that how long the wait list is?
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

tabrielle10
on 3/30/12 12:27 pm
From what I understand, he is booked up to October now.

onemoretry
on 3/31/12 5:48 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Oh Damn! I sure hope he does not push you back.

hoping2lose
on 3/30/12 9:45 am
VSG on 03/06/12
you did the right thing. hope he moves ahead with the surgery.
+++ thoughts for you.
tabrielle10
on 3/30/12 9:48 am
Thanks guys! your thoughts are appreciated.

Sricke01
on 3/30/12 9:51 am - MI
I am NOT trying to be negative..... however it is not just the Dr. being a stickler for the rules, the whole point of the liquid diet is to shrink your stomach and liver so the risks for bleeding and damaging other organs are less.

However, every Dr. is different so it may be just fine!  :) I wish you luck on your journey, and know that even if they start your liquid diet over it is so worth it in the end!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/12 10:10 am - Mexico
On March 30, 2012 at 4:51 PM Pacific Time, Sricke01 wrote:
I am NOT trying to be negative..... however it is not just the Dr. being a stickler for the rules, the whole point of the liquid diet is to shrink your stomach and liver so the risks for bleeding and damaging other organs are less.

However, every Dr. is different so it may be just fine!  :) I wish you luck on your journey, and know that even if they start your liquid diet over it is so worth it in the end!!!!

A liquid diet really doesn't shrink your liver or shrink your stomach.  A low carb diet for a couple of weeks will burn off the glycogen from the outside of your liver but it won't shrink it for months and months.  Stomachs don't really shrink, they are cut off. ;o)  There is no value in a low carb liquid diet over a low carb solid food diet.

The ASMBS just posted a study on this very topic and they decided pre op diets don't help anyway.  Yet the guy who did my surgery claims every 10# makes his job easier.  Who knows?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 86 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views