Counting

Nieves.carmen59
on 4/5/12 11:47 pm
VSG on 10/18/11 with
I would like to pose a question to everyone.  When you track the food you are eating are you tracking Calories, Fat, Carbs?  Or just Calories, Or just Carbs and Fat.  If you track fat, what is your goal for fat? Carbs? Calories.  I get very confused with this tracking thing.  I eat approximately 700-800 Calories a day.  I would like to get a feel of how much fat and how many carbs. 

Have a wonderful blessed Easter Holiday.

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/5/12 11:51 pm
I track calories, carbs, and protein.  I also pay attention to fat and sodium, but don't have set numbers for those.  Too much sodium and I stall.  Too much fat and my calories go way up (every gram of fat is 9 calories!).  I try to keep my calories between 600-800 but that gets harder further out.  I try to keep carbs under 40... or when I'm really restricting, below 20.  Protein is always over 80.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

frenchgrapes
on 4/5/12 11:58 pm - TX
I track calories, protein, carbs, sodium, fat, fiber, and potassium.

Calories - try to keep between 600 and 800, even on days I exercise, which is most days. Rarely do I go over or under significantly. My body still has enough stored fuel it needs to use up.

Protein - minimum of 60 per my NUT. I try to get in as much as possible though. I want my body to burn the fuel stored as fat, not eat my muscles.

Carbs - approx. 40 max per day. That was my original NUT's figure and at that level my blood sugar is managed without drugs, I'm losing weight, and I still feel alert and good.

Sodium - try to stay under 1500 per day to keep my blood pressure down without meds.

Potassium - try to keep my potassium intake at a ratio of 2 to every one calorie eaten - or approx. 1200 to 1600 a day. This also helps keep my blood pressure down without meds.

Fiber - right now I'm trying to get as much fiber as possible in with a goal of reaching 25 a day so I don't need a laxative/stool softener.

Fat - 40 or under - which is not hard to do anymore now that I don't eat anything fried.

May need to watch my cholesterol in the future as I eat a lot of fish, poultry, pork and beef now. I'll find that out when I do my blood tests again in June.

Good luck in figuring out what is best for you. Talking with the NUT is helpful too.
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views