Pre-op diet starts tomorrow!!!!

Babydoll58
on 4/8/12 1:00 pm - AZ
Here I go, and surgery in two weeks!! Yeah!! Shake with fruit in a.m., shake for lunch, then a small dinner with 4 oz lean protein with 2 cups fresh veggies or 1 cup cooked veges...doesn't sound too bad....

TonjaTLC
on 4/8/12 1:09 pm - Southlake, TX
 Go go go you can do this!
Babydoll58
on 4/8/12 1:15 pm - AZ
 Yes, yes...I can and I will!!! :)

saraw79
on 4/8/12 1:10 pm - MI
VSG on 05/07/12
AWESOME... your lucky you get to eat... lol

I start my liquid diet on april 23rd..

Best of luck to you
Pre op diet 224
Surgery day 212
month 1 to 2 i lost 9.6 pounds
month 2 to 3 i lost 7 pounds
month 3 to 4 i lost 6.2

Babydoll58
on 4/8/12 1:13 pm - AZ
 You will start your liquid diet on my surgery date-we are only two weeks apart.

maryannet
on 4/8/12 1:12 pm
RNY on 03/20/12
 i wish I had YOUR pre op diet! I was on ONLY protein shakes for 14 days before my surgery. Wish plenty of fluids of course. But it really helped shrink my liver to keep it out of the way during surgery and I had no complications! Best of luck to you!! it's the hardest thing you will ever do for yourself in your entire life... but it'll be worth it!
Babydoll58
on 4/8/12 1:14 pm - AZ
 Thanks...my family thinks I am going to have a very hard time with it......I am sure I will have my moments-but plan to keep busy!

maryannet
on 4/8/12 1:22 pm
RNY on 03/20/12
 I decided that I didn't care what my extended family thought or said...my husband and kids were all that mattered to me. Don't let any negative comments derail your food plan or surgery needs. And when the thoughts start in about " I'll never have another _______ again!...(mine was filet of fish) remember that you will be able to eat pretty much anything you desire a few months after surgery, just not nearly the amount you would have before. So, ignore the head hunger, be calm and carry on!! 
Babydoll58
on 4/8/12 1:29 pm - AZ
Thank you..very good advise!

amyl0528
on 4/8/12 9:56 pm
GL!!!!  Mine starts in about a week or so and my surgeon has the SAME diet plan.  I'm already working on eliminating the carbs :) 

YOU CAN DO IT

VSG Surgery May 1, 2012
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 74 views