time to buckle down

carrierae
on 4/16/12 3:29 am - WA
 i feel like for the past few weeks i have been eating really close to the line of not eating correctly.here in washington we have finally been having some nice weather, and i guess ghe euphoria got to me cause i have been off track a bit. 

i am finding at 4+ months out i have been getting a bit too comfy. last week i did drop 11 lbs and thought hey, it is working. well this morning i hopped in the scale and it caught up to me. i gained back 2 of those pounds. 

i am not beating myself up at all. this is how life is now. just like people who dont struggle with weight issues i am going to have times of eating unhealthy food then having to reign myself back in. i am proud of myself for recognizing this and not throwing in the towel saying i am happy at the weight i am. i am moving forward.

part of the problem i know is i am bored with what i have been eating. time to branch out. 

when i saw my surgeon on the 29th he was very happy with where i was. his goal for my next visit in 3 months was 14lbs. he said if i could do that i would be doing great. i smiled and said i would do that within a month. he laughed and said good luck. so my mini goal is that 14lbs by april 29th. as of today i have 8 down and 6 to go. i will do this.

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/12 3:45 am
You have got this.  The key to this whole journey is to stay committed and to keep moving forward.  It is our refusal to be ostrich ever again that will get us to goal and keep us there.  One of my favorite quotes is "If you fall seven times, get up eight".  You are on you way, congratulations.
abrown8434
on 4/16/12 3:57 am - VA
I love your perspective "I'm not beating myself up at all; this is how life is now". We have an awesome tool and, if used properly, we have an advantage in the weight loss game. However, very few of us are going to eat right 100% of the time and adhere to everything! Life is to be lived and enjoyed yet healthily. You are on the right track. Live, laugh and love and know how to regroup quickly.

You've got this!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views