How are the new sleevers doing?

Babydoll58
on 4/25/12 10:33 am - AZ
I know there were quite a few of you who had the same surgery date of 04/23-want to know how everyone is doing?

econtiff
on 4/25/12 11:12 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
  I'm doing well was hooked up to IV fluids all day but my surgeon let me go home when he saw I was doing well at sipping. Got home and had about 12oz of broth and half a bottle of water so far. 
Seems like pretty good progress. My body is super sore. I feel everything when I drink like every crevice of my new belly. It's kinda raw feeling but not unbearable.I'm just wondering the best balance between resting, walking and sipping :)

Thanks for asking!

Nadurra Deb
on 4/25/12 12:01 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I knew you would do well. I'm so glad that hard part is all over for you! I am SO nervous about the surgery part. Well I'm nervous about all of it, but that part is the scary part. Let me know if you find the balance of the resting walking and sipping. Maybe it's like patting your head and rubbing your stomach...takes practice to coordinate.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

pinkpeonies
on 4/25/12 12:44 pm, edited 4/25/12 12:44 pm
VSG on 04/23/12
I'm home today too. The surgeon gave me the option to stay one more night but between the incessant beeping of the bazillion telemetry machines on the floor, the car alarm in the parking lot, and three interruptions during a 45-minute afternoon nap attempt (after seeing NOBODY for a couple hours), I gave up.

I'm pretty sore but doing okay with sipping, getting through about an ounce each hour. Having LOTS of itching underneath the tegaderm covering the lap incisions on my tummy.

It's just amazing to me to look at the little medicine cup full of protein chicken broth and know that I'll be feeling full and will have to stop before finishing that little bit. And I haven't had an honest hunger pang since Sunday night. Bizarre!

I'm glad you're doing well Econtiff, and hope all our other 4/23 sisters and brothers are doing well too. Can you believe we actually did it??? '

Thank you Babydoll for asking! *hugs*

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

Babydoll58
on 4/27/12 8:55 am - AZ
Hey there, glad to hear everyone is doing ok-I had a rough day yesterday, fever and very crampy. Today is better though although I have found myself thinking of food-boo!

Glad to hear from all of you-made me smile! Hugs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 74 views