Dr ALVAREZ...is he a good pick????

valentinoAB
on 5/9/12 12:54 am
 Wondering .... read lots of good reviews anyone here ACTUALY use him?
Jackie00
on 5/9/12 1:04 am
i hear nothing but good experiences with him and his staff. I used another surgeon, but looked into him and Dr Aceves, they seem to be the two top recommended Mexico surgeons for the VSG.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

iAndy4G
on 5/9/12 1:58 am
VSG on 03/01/12 with
I used him. He was great. There is a whole section of OH that lets your leave reviews on your surgeon. I didn't find it until after my surgery as it's pretty hidden and doens't show up on Google search results for some reason.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-gui llermo-alvarez/
GRLNPHX
on 5/9/12 2:08 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Just had VSG with him last Friday. He is EXCELLENT. I have zero regrets. There are some who are worried about MX. I can this with confidence you will not have a more hands on professional with a caring manner. Best decision I've ever made. I'm a PA (licensed but not practicing) and I'd work for Dr A. He is AWESOME.

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 5/9/12 3:18 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
He's the best.  Would do it again in a heartbeat.  He's had several new peeps on here lately that have gone to him for surgery plus some of the vets.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
NomoreXL
on 5/9/12 3:22 am
VSG on 05/04/12 with
I just got back from using him.I have had a lot of surgeries in my life here in the states& it was amazing.He is so humble down to earth and talented and well trained.He has studied in France U.S and another place. It was a GREAT experience from the beginning to the end. Dr.Alvarez is AWESOME and his staff is A++ too.
NomoreXL

Carmelita
on 5/9/12 6:40 am - Four Corners, NM
Hayley73
on 5/9/12 6:55 am
VSG on 04/17/12 with
A little over 3 weeks out from surgery w Dr A - I am a nurse, my husband is a Dr....Dr A and his ENTIRE staff ROCKED!!!!  I would do it again in a heartbeat with him.  He is an amazing choice in surgeons....I am sure there are others that r very good, but I feel that Dr A is an angel!!!

Feel free to private message me if you have specific questions I can help you with!!!

Good Luck
Hayley
Wake up every morning with the thought that something WONDERFUL is gonna happen!!! 
Mroberts366
on 5/9/12 8:45 am
VSG on 03/31/12 with
I haven't posted much, but I had to respond to this question - Dr. Alvarez is a wonderful choice. Do your research, read the reviews, and contact his coordinator, Susan for any questions you have or info you desire. I'm sure I made the right choice!

RyanJS
on 5/9/12 8:50 am, edited 5/9/12 8:50 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with
I have only heard positive things said about Dr Alvarez... I read his book "The Gastric Sleeve" and it was a great read. You should definitely pick it up now and read it :)

www.thegastricsleeve.com/about-our-book.htm

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views