I need a formal dress.....

clthomp
on 5/15/12 6:30 am - TN
but my problem is flabby arms . lost 97 lbs , but whew the bat wings all the dresses i find are sleeveless  just cant subject the world to that .  help  thanks cherrie
Everchanging
on 5/15/12 6:40 am - NY
VSG on 03/13/12
That's all you will mostly likely find because of the season.However you can always get a nice wrap if you dont want to show your arms.You can also try looking at Roman's.com they usually have really pretty dresses with sleeves or pretty wrap.

I'm on a Everchanging journey.       

econtiff
on 5/15/12 6:42 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Yep or you can get a formal looking shrug made out of that silky material. Most places have them. Dillard's or Belk. 
Elaine2
on 5/15/12 6:45 am - Atlanta, GA
Google --formal dresses with long sleeves---lots of them online.
Don't know your size, age, etc but there were some short and long ones, very glittery or a little more sedate. Prices all over the place!!

Have the same problem--I think the batwings almost double the size of my arms! It's a sad look!

kwiegs3856
on 5/15/12 6:56 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
  I have that problem also.  Just went to a wedding last weekend, I had a nice black & silver metallic
dress that was sleeveless and found a really nice silver metallic short 3/4 sleeve overjacket from Macy's and it looked great and covered up the bat wings.  That is the one thing I want to get
rid of most with plastics, can't wait.

Wildcat-NYC
on 5/15/12 6:54 am
VSG on 08/16/12
David's bridal has few options with sleeves and also jackets to cover arms.  I recently had to take my mom shopping for a dress and she refuses to wear sleeveless.  They had some good options.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Feystorm
on 5/15/12 6:59 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
If you don't mind used - check ebay.  Not the "new" sales - (many made overseas, and never seem to fit right).  But a lot of people sell their clothing used there.  I have.  I saw some dresses with cap and/or flutter sleeves.  

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

happiegirl
on 5/15/12 7:10 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
If your still a plus size you can try igigi.com  I love the styles they have.  Lots of dresses with sleeve :)

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

clthomp
on 5/15/12 8:06 am - TN
thank you

cherrie
Danna S.
on 5/15/12 8:54 am - Brazoria, TX
 I have a bridal/formal shop. Most dresses are sleeveless and unfortunately the ones with sleeves built in are kinda like old lady dresses most of the time. But there are a few bridesmaid dress companies that make really cute boleros and jackets that don't take away from your dress. That way you could get one of those in a complimentary color to go with any dress you choose from anywhere. The company's boleros I like most are by Andrew Adela. Unfortunately they don't post pictures on-line, because they don't want to be copied (andmost reputable bridal companies won't condone on-line sales).  But you can search for stores carrying them on their website or calling them. Mori Lee also has a couple of simple jackets. 

You could also use a wrap or shawl as a bolero by putting it on over your arms and shoulders and then tying it behind your back. If there is not enough to tie, use a brooch instead. It looks and works like bolero, that way you don't have to wrestle with it all night.

In the end, don't let your self conciosness about your arms keep you from a great dress. You've lost 97lbs! You've earned those "bat wings". ;)

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views