HOME AND SLEEVED...Finally!

Madjhav12
on 6/28/12 7:57 am - FL
VSG on 06/25/12
Hi everyone....I am finally home and 4 days post op. I was sleeved on Monday morning and I have to say it was really a painful and difficult experience. I went through hell the first few days. Lots of nausea, spitting up, stomach cramps and back aches. I guess what took me by surprise is that I really didn't expect it. I was more or less comparing it to my C-section and it was alot more difficult to endure than that. In any event, the doctor said it was a good surgery and only 4 holes were needed. My liver was small and clean and I passed the hellacious leak exam (THANK GOD)!

I am finally home and sipping and walking. Still have lots of back soreness and stomach spazms when I drink. It is a learning process but I am excited and looking forward to my future with a positive outlook.

"Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations."    
bluemems
on 6/28/12 8:01 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
Congrats on the sleeve and gald to see you are home and feeling a little better.  Sorry you had such an ordeal with the surgery.

Jenfur
on 6/28/12 8:57 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Been waiting to here from you on here, glad you're home.  I got home yesterday.  Will give more details later but right now our little guy is heading to bed and I think I need a nap.  Isn't the losers bench awesome!

bookwrmmom
on 6/28/12 9:20 am
I too had my surgery on Monday, and came home yesterday. My experience was not as bad as yours, but there is discomfort to be sure. I am annoyed right now by the "tickle" cough I can't seem to get rid of and I assume this is from having a tube put down my throat. I also have neck and shoulder pain, but surprisingly enough my abdomen doesn't hurt until I try to get out of bed. I also had my gallbladder removed and a hernia repaired. I have no regrets, and am looking forward to next week when I can have my creamy soups & yogurt! Hope you feel better soon!
Mlday75
on 6/28/12 9:28 am - IN
VSG on 06/18/12
 Congrats on being home, take it easy the first couple days and like everyone says listen to your body, it will be right.  

5'8" HW. 295 CW. 252 GW. 170

latrice78
on 6/28/12 11:17 am - MN
VSG on 06/25/12
I WAS SLEEVED MONDAY AND GOT HOME YESTERDAY... IM DOING PRETTY GOOD 
judyk62
on 6/28/12 11:20 am - Santa Rosa, CA
 Best of luck to both of you. It will get better each day. And those pounds will start dropping off!

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Elaine N.
on 6/28/12 12:02 pm - Hiddenite, NC
VSG on 06/12/12
 Good luck to you all. I will be 3 weeks out on Tuesday and even though my first 2 weeks were really rough I'm beginning to feel a lot better. Drink and rest and the WL will come.

God will turn our weakness into strength.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views