3 days post op! (a little long)

cassi777
on 7/6/12 4:00 am
VSG on 07/03/12
I want to start off with the night before surgery. I had all the stuff going for the colon cleanse and was doing great with it, until my bum got so sore I cried everytime I had to go.  I honestly only got about half of the entire dosage down before I quit. I was starting to have nasuea and vomitting and just stopped. I was worried on the day of surgery that I wasn't going to get it done because i was still having a few minor passes. However, no questions asked and by 2pm Tuesday i was in my private room recovering.

First day post op was one of the hardest. They wanted me up walking and drinking and I didn't feel good at all and just wanted to rest. I did NOT want to be awake or even thinking about putting something into my body. I did the best I could though. It was also on Wednesday that I was shocked to not feel a thing different with my actual stomach. I thought for sure I would be able to feel the incesion line, but nope. Just massive cramps and soreness with my entire abdomen. 

I got to come home yesterday and was still a little leary. Wasn't sure if I had made the right decision, but I know that it is and i'm going to LOVE my sleeve (i kinda already do) BUT I also noticed a significant change in my soreness today. I can move around a great deal better, the gas pains seem to have subsided for now. I'm just burping like crazy! I'd rather it be burps than farts any day of the week (i know TMI). 

Anyway, the staff at the hospital were just amazing and I was clared to go back to my protein shakes and other liquids, not just clear liquids. So very happy about that. I am DYING of thirst today, whereas I hadn't been in the hospital thanks to IV fluids. Ice water has become the most amazing thing in the world. In fact, decaf gree tea ranks right up there with water when poured over ice!

I can most definitely tell when my pouch is full. I have a bit of a pain and feeling of bloatedness. I typically wait 15 mins and it's gone down a little and will take another sip. Just sip and walk is all i'm doing. Well besides sleeping! LOL

Good luck with all those that have not gone through this yet. My prayers with each of you!
HW: 179 Pre-Op: 162
Goal: 115lbs  

Missey J.
on 7/6/12 4:13 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with
Congrats and thanks for the info

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
Sleeva
on 7/6/12 4:53 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Wishing you a speedy recovery
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

juddfan1974
on 7/6/12 5:12 am - TN
VSG on 07/02/12
I am glad things are getting better for you.  I was sleeved on July 2nd and am progressing well.  I have to say things dont feel as different as I thought they would.  I am able to meeting my protein and fluid goals without too much trouble.

cassi777
on 7/6/12 6:32 am
VSG on 07/03/12
 I'm still working on getting my fluid goals in. I would easily drink a whole bottle of water if my tumy would take it.
HW: 179 Pre-Op: 162
Goal: 115lbs  

UBi FIT
on 7/6/12 7:53 am
VSG on 08/06/12
 Thanks for the post , glad to see you are doing well. Please post your journey, as I am the same weight as you were. I am sleeved Aug 6. Love to see how your doing day 4 and week 3! Good luck and best wishes!

Dr. Goal 137-140 my goal 130. Fantasy goal 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views