So I'm one of you now ....

nanarama
on 7/11/12 4:06 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
Yep, done and home.  Gotta say fairly uneventful.  Yesterday (day 2) was a pretty blah day -- didn't feel good, slept most of the day, just stared off into space.  haha  Part of it was being tethered to the bed by the Foley, leg wrap circulation things, etc.

But now I'm home and sipping and walking.  Pain was never real bad.  I just feel like sleeping a lot so I'm going to!  

The weird part is I said to my husband:  I don't feel any  different.  Now sure what I expected.    But it's over ..... now off to the fun part....
stephanieplum
on 7/11/12 4:09 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 Glad you're home and doing well...welcome to the loser's bench!

Phatchick
on 7/11/12 4:12 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

i am 11 weeks post op and i feel magnificent. Once the swelling in my tummy was gone (6 weeks) and the large incision under my breast was no longer painful (5 weeks) I was like my old self only a new improved version. I eat like a bird, work out regularly (never did that before) and love my sleeve. Good Luck on your journey. You are going to be awesome. Best, Sharon

KSqtpie
on 7/11/12 4:29 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Congrats! We are sleeve buddies...I was sleeved on Monday too. I had an excellent experience compared to what I had conjured up in my mind. Just a little nausea when I woke up, but the meds knocked that out right away. No gas pains yet. Liquids are hard to get down only because my new tummy rumbles forever after just 1 sip, so I have to let it settle down. In all, this was a pretty easy surgery. It's the lifestyle change that is going to be difficult. I can't wait until next week when I am able to introduce some real food...yay! Well, keep in touch and let us know how you are
nanarama
on 7/11/12 5:08 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
I did see we are sleeve buddies.  I'm still in a littl fog so haven't done too much posting.  But congratulations to you.  Glad it wasn't too hard.  I don't seem to be having too much trouble getting the liquids in just yet.  Just going slow And you're right.  It's the lifestyle change that's tough -- like I said, I don't feel any different.  So it's going to be a slow adjustment.  But i truly am ready for it ... and truly grateful it hasn't been that bad so far.
favrow812
on 7/11/12 6:21 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
yay!!!! Glad to hear you are doing well!!!  :)

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Desari63
on 7/11/12 5:00 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Well this bench is getting smaller by the day..."EVERYONE!!! MOVE TO YOU LEFT AND GIVE ROOM TO THE NEWBIE!!!" I swear we need a bigger bench or we need to get our bleacher section...

Welcome to the loser's bench...crowded as it is but we always make room for the newbies!!!

Barbara McKeown

nanarama
on 7/11/12 5:09 am, edited 7/11/12 6:13 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
Your post is cute.  I know ... it does seem like more and more of us every day!  But, hey, MOVE OVER! 
lena F.
on 7/11/12 5:12 am
VSG on 01/07/13
 I hope when its my turn it will be uneventful too!!!!!!! congrats!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/12 6:06 am
So glad you are healing well! Congratulations!
Most Active