Diabetics

mokee
on 7/16/12 11:24 am - OH
Anyone out there with type 2 diabetes?  Some one on insulin considering the sleeve or already had it.  I really need to contact these people.  It is getting closer to surgery date and I have a lot of unanswered questions.   Appreciate any info anyone can supply about whether they got off the insulin after the surgery or are contemplating the surgery for this reason as I am.

Thanks,
Mokee
aled1223
on 7/16/12 11:28 am
 I am type 2 .  Had surgery June 25. I was on metformin.  I'm off all meds.
olderbutwiser
on 7/16/12 11:40 am
 Had surgery 12/22/11.  Sugar levels have been normal ever since and my A1C at 6 months out was 5.4.  Would be glad to answer questions, but was not on insulin.

Airpun79
on 7/16/12 12:30 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Yes, I am a diabetic that is insulin dependent and that was one of the reasons why I elected to go ahead for the sleeve.  The other reasons are sleep apnea and hypertension. My surgery is this Friday (20th).   Please feel free to contact me with any questions via inbox or if you want to discuss on the phone just inbox me your # or I can give you mine.  Just let me know.

Take care! -Larry
rhearob
on 7/16/12 12:51 pm - TN
 I was type II, on 120 units of levemir a day plus oral meds plus Victoza.  Stopped all meds within 1 week of surgery.  Last A1C 5.0%.  Goal in 37 weeks.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/12 12:59 pm - GA
Hi

I am Type 2 and on insulin.  I am not off insulin yet, but as i continue to lose the weight my requirements are less and less.  my most recent A1C was 5.4. i had a bunch of other issues SA, and high blood pressure, and knee issues..  my health has very much improved and i feel great.
feel free to contact me for any questions you have.
mokee
on 7/16/12 5:40 pm - OH
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH,

Just to know I have a good chance of comiing off the insulin is such good news.  My mind keeps going back and forth on whether to do this or not.  I will keep your replys so I can read them over and over to help keep me strong.

Thanks,
Mokee 
thunderhand
on 7/16/12 11:39 pm - mississauga, Canada
VSG on 06/11/12
you can add me to the list

type 2 ,  stopped insulin after 1st week on opti,   have not needed it since.

6 weeks out from vsg
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views