Funny NSV

Michelle10929
on 7/18/12 4:48 am - NC
So.. I'm coming up on 6wks post op with a total of 30lbs lost including 2wk liquid diet. Its not a crazy amount, but I'm wearing size large fitted t-shirts from Old Navy instead of my baggy scrub tops. I have already abandoned them. So I know just by not wearing the baggy scrub tops I'm probably looking like I lost more than I have to some people.

So.. the funny NSV is that I went into my local Circle K today to pick up a newspaper, and let the girl's get a drink. The manager was there, and she went going on and on in her Indian accent about how much weight I have lost. I got such a kick out of what she was saying...

"How you lose all this weight? I know! You no come in and eat my donuts! You no come in and buy cigarettes and coffee! Thats how you lose all the weight!" haha

I was thinking.. Poor lady probably hasn't gotten her bonus since I quit smoking, and eating those dang donuts in there. I used to buy 1 donut, and she'd say "Oh sweetie.. you take two more, for free!" haha.

She knows I'm a couponer, so she offered me 2 extra newspapers today instead of extra donuts haha. I'll take that! 

Knit1
on 7/18/12 4:59 am - WA
That is fantastic Michelle! Pretty cute too.
Rock on!
Janet
In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet. Erma Bombeck  

Surgery Date: 5/10/12       Ht: 5'2"       Age: 55
jenngirl
on 7/18/12 4:59 am, edited 7/18/12 5:01 am
VSG on 06/25/12

I LOVE IT!! YOU NO COME IN AND EAT MY DONUTS!!! HA! HA! HA!

What a fun story to get to tell! and let me tell ya Michelle, 30 lbs may not seem like a lot to you, but it is a lot of weight, and it depends on your body.  Go to Walmart or Lowe's and pick up a 30 lb bag of dog food or fertilizer. Girl, measure yourself with a measuring tape.You are losing inches I know that being able to shop in the regular sizes is nice. That's another way of measuring your success. Apparently, others around you are noticing, like your cute little Circle K lady. 

I wish you tons of luck! Thanks for the laugh! This is my favorite NSV I have seen!

Marabell
on 7/18/12 5:11 am
VSG on 06/07/12
Hahaha...that IS funny!
good for you Michelle, keep up the good work on the food AND the no smoking!!

Awesome...I wish I could get hubby to quit..sometimes woman just have bigger balls....LOL

Michelle10929
on 7/18/12 5:30 am - NC
I am not even going to lie and say it was all me. I say all the time God gave me a push. I made my quit date to be 10wks before surgery (a safe # I had come up with through some BS research that I bought into and suggest to no one as gospel lol) Anyway.. on my quit date I woke up with strep throat. So I tell everyone that was God's way of helping me out, and it worked. So my suggestion is let a good infection kick start it all haha.

I held on to a little E-cig w/no nicotine in it if I was out around smokers.. but even that went away after the first month. Now I don't even think about it.

jenngirl
on 7/18/12 7:40 am
VSG on 06/25/12
I had researched surgery before my first seminar with my surgeon. I knew for the gastric bypass I would have to quit smoking, so I just did it. I quit smoking the day before my first seminar, on April 9th. I used to count my quit date in weeks, now I can count it in months. It has been three months since I quit smoking. Yay us!! We are going to live much longer lives girl. We are making amazing changes in our lives.
Pobearsam7
on 7/18/12 5:27 am
Funny

Kelly                

Blondecajun
on 7/18/12 6:52 am - LA
VSG on 06/12/12
hahah funny

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views