SLeeve Size

cthr
on 7/31/12 8:27 am
What is the average sleeve size to lose adequate weight?
MsBatt
on 7/31/12 8:34 am
You want to be careful about getting a Sleeve's that's too small---tends to cause acid reflux, and there's a greater chance of developing a stricture. Of course, a Sleeve's that too large leads to regain...
Sleeva
on 7/31/12 11:24 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
You can lose adequate weight with any sleeve size if you follow your surgeons guidelines to eat right and exercise
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

happyteacher
on 7/31/12 12:39 pm
 Many  have a 32 and do well.  I have one up in the 40s and do well too.  The question you should really be asking is how does your surgeon do with the size sleeve used?  What is the safety record, the stats of weight loss for his patients?  I can out eat my smaller sleeved counterparts for sure, but not at absurd levels.  But, I also have no side effects- no foamies, no vomiting, no reflux, etc.  I also now eat a normal amount for a person with a small appetite- makes eating with friends or coworkers easier.  I am not far enough along to comment on the regain issue.  For sure though, you can eat around any sized sleeve.  In the end it comes down to making the right food choices- just know that having the sleeve makes it a whole lot easier to make the right choices. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/12 12:59 pm
I didn't know there were different sleeve sizes. I feel like mine may be larger because some days I feel hungry. Do I just ask my surgeon what size mine is? Interesting.
happyteacher
on 8/1/12 6:21 am
 Mamia-

Are you taking a ppi like prilosec or something similar?  Acid absoutely can mimic hunger.  Just in the last few weeks my hunger got out of control so i tried the ppi suggestion.  Hunger reduced dramatically.  I had no reflux or heartburn issues so I did not think for a long tme that acid was an issue for me.  

Yes, you can ask your surgeon.  They have to write it down in their super secret doctor notes.  :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/12 11:46 am
My dr usually send everyone home with a ppi and he forgot to give me mine the first 5 days and I was starving. Once I started them my hunger dropped dramatically. I feel hunger about every 3 hrs unless I am sleeping. However the small amounts I'm eating do satisfy me.
USAF Wife
on 7/31/12 1:09 pm
You can check out this link:
http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com/

Stomach/sleeve size is ultimately decided by your surgeon's technique/experience.

Ask your surgeon for his patient's stats for success, complications.

A 32fr to 40fr bougie seems to the most commonly used in VSG world. Bougie size is just a small part of the equation.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 84 views