Surgery in 10 hours and I have a question

jolenecsky
on 8/6/12 12:31 pm - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
Hey, I just had my consult today and my NUT recommended something called NEW WHEY from Wal-mart. It's a liquid protein and counts as a clear liquid. It's what I have to take the day before surgery and the week after. Good luck with your surgery!!

DOS: 8/15/12

RPick67
on 8/6/12 1:56 pm
VSG on 06/11/13
New Whey is Nasty.  I have the Fruit Punch....well I have 5 left.....they r awful.   I drank it straight on the rocks.......I had to hold my nose to get the one I drank down and the horrible after taste lasted for about six hours  even tho I brushed, drank water and ate to get the taste to go away.  Good luch at gagging that stuff down for 8 days. 

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

Diana M.
on 8/6/12 1:00 pm - TX
VSG on 07/12/12
If the Syntrax Nectars count, you can get them at Nutrition Depot not far from the town we're in. I'm happy to go pick some up for you, if you need any.

Good luck tomorrow!!
rebecky
on 8/6/12 1:01 pm - Chapel Hill, NC
VSG on 07/09/12
I recommend unflavored Unjury powder.  You can dissolve in any fluid.  My favorites were chicken broth and I even dissolved in pineapple flavored Jello.  I called it my protein dessert. Even my 14 yr old daughter like it! (of course I didn't tell her about the protein powder!)  Anyway, check it out!
MeeMiss75
on 8/6/12 8:16 pm - Katy, TX
VSG on 06/12/12
I know you may have to do a rush order at this point, but the Unjury chicken soup flavor saved my life during the first 2 weeks. If you like chicken soup, you'll enjoy it. It's got 20 grams of protein per cup and it's clear broth. You can only order Unjury online at their website so you've got to move fast if you want it by the time you're home from the hospital. And you're right, the super protein is pretty bad. Best of luck to you! 

barnettvsg
on 8/7/12 3:51 am
 another Isopure recommendation - after you drink about 10 of them they get kinda gross (like all the drinks...)  One thing about the shots is that they are not much volume, and therefore easier to drink post-op.

B
Could_It_Be
on 8/7/12 4:40 am
I messaged you about the Unjury, I have a packet I can send you!

Just a warning, check the source of protein on those shots. If it's collagen, don't waste your money. We do not absorb them. 

VSG on 6/22/11
PrettyEyes_41
on 8/7/12 4:56 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
I've lived off the Unjury unflavored 20gms protein per scoop (adding to soups and broths and coffee) and the Premier vanilla and strawberry RTD shakes (which are really really thin and not like a shake at all). My doctor let me drink them right out of surgery even on clear liquids. They have 30gms of protein - and I know that our bodies can't absorb more than 20-25 at a time but right out of surgery and with sipping my drinks instead of gulping them - he said it'd be fine. I ordered both online and they took about a week to receive. You can buy Premier at Sam's Club but all they have in our area are the chocolate ones which I didn't care for much. The Unjury chicken soup was really good before and after surgery during the liquid stage too. I added a bouillion cube to it too in a cup of really warm water. The thing with Unjury proteins is you can't add them to anything over 130 degrees or they clump up but they're really good. I had a couple of days where the protein drink smell got to me and I couldn't drink them but then I was okay again.  

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

trulyhappy
on 8/7/12 7:08 am
VSG on 07/31/12
I hate all the aftertastes from all of these. The best I have found is Muscle Milk Light at Costco. There is no aftertaste! tastes just like choc milk. I have been mixing the vanilla Muscle Milk Light with all kinds of things for variation (like SF strawberry jello) and it is great. 

Good luck and prayers to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views