QUESTION FOR THE LADIES WARNING BOYS, LADY TALK!

Angel1974
on 8/6/12 12:12 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Have you guys notices changes on your periods?  Before my surgery, on my first day, I was in soo much pain I couldn't get out of bed, heavy bleeding, for some reason it used to be longer, light headed, vomitting, it was bad.   I couldn't even go to work.

After surgery, I am  having a normal period, my cramps are almost non existance. Is this everybody or just me?

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

hmtaylor76
on 8/6/12 12:21 am
VSG on 06/25/12
I am the exact opposite. Before mine were a breeze, 4 days no problems, now, I am wiped, heavy, heavy, heavy flow, minimum 7 days. I hope I get back to my normal! And may you enjoy your new normal!!
Pobearsam7
on 8/6/12 12:23 am
It was the TOM when I had my surgery...and it lasted an extra week due to the blood thinner, I am regular every 28days... Just had my 1st period post op I was 2 weeks late... But it seems to be a normal period for me besides being 2 weeks late... The wls center tod me that there may be changes in my period

Kelly                

jenngirl
on 8/6/12 12:35 am
VSG on 06/25/12
As you lose weight, some of your hormones are changing. This is probably perfectly normal I would guess. If you have questions though, you should definitely address them with your surgeon or your GYN.
morgans
on 8/6/12 12:36 am
VSG on 06/18/12
Surgery actually started a period I had skipped earlier in the month. I am starting menopause so knock on wood - no periods the last two months.

The big post-surgical miracle though is that although I have felt the hormonal fluctuations of my cycle, I have had NO MIGRAINES!!! First time in over 20 years. They were like clockwork - about 48 hours before my I needed a tampon I had a 1-3 day migraine. Some months I got a bonus migraine during ovulation.

I hope this is a permanent fix, 'cause man, migraines SUCK.

Shagdoll
on 8/6/12 1:16 am
I've actually gotten a little pissy that I used to have a non-existent period pre-op because of my Mirena IUD and now I spot for up to 6 days. It's still so minimal like barely spotting but I got used to no periods. Wah!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Angel1974
on 8/6/12 1:49 am
VSG on 06/04/12
 WOW I guess I am the exeption to the rule then.  I am happy with this side effect.  I won't complain about it! LOL

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

ace30927
on 8/6/12 4:52 am - MD
Jenn- I am with you sista! I have the mirena and got used to not having one, and now I have had two in one month, however I will take two periods in a month for the weightloss I am experiencing! Fair trade~ 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views