Arghh!!! Frustrated!

tatatoothie
on 8/6/12 5:46 pm
 I am 3 weeks post op...I have lost 18 lbs the first two weeks but today I weigh myself some how I managed to gain 5 freaking lbs!! I have been good with my protein intake and liquids. I walk everyday at least 2 miles a day.  Besides being constipated (sorry tmi) I don't know where this weight gain is coming from. What am I doing wrong? Frustrated!!!
getmylifeback12
on 8/6/12 8:22 pm - NY
Are you eating deli meat? High in sodium. Is it very humid where you are? You could be retaining fluid. The constipation will give you some weight as well. Dont worry though. Just keep on plan and one morning you will get on the scale and it will all be gone...and then some.
aled1223
on 8/6/12 9:22 pm
Put the scale away for at least a week or two.   Water and BM can cause that.  Just keep on track.  I had to push my fluids to 100 oz instead of 64.   
rhearob
on 8/6/12 11:40 pm - TN
 You are most likely not doing anything wrong.  Search on "3 week stall" and you will see what we mean.  This is a FAMOUS milestone in your weight loss journey.

Stalls happen.  They suck.  They mess with our heads.  There is no proven menthod for breaking them.  They really depend on your own body and are very individual.

We lose weight so rapidly that changes happen in our body too quickly.  THe body just needs to take a break and catch up.  During these periods we often stop losing briefly or even gain.  There are many processes at play here.   Many people find that while they are not losing weight, they lose inches quickly during stalls.  IF you are not taking measurements regulalrly, you should.  I wish I had.

The only way to break a stall is to stay on your plan.  At 600 calories a day you will lose weight no matter what - you will burn more than that just breathing and circulating blood.  Make sure you get all of your water and then some.  The formula for proper hydraton is half your weight in pounds in ounces of water (i.e. if you weight 200 lbs, get 100 ounces of water).  64 ounces is a minimum, not a goal.  Water is the key compound that drives our weight loss process.  Make sure you get every gram of protein you can for the caloies you take in.  Keep exercising.

Take heart.  Stalls happen, they suck, but they end.  Stay the course and you will be fine.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

cthompson580
on 8/7/12 12:27 am
VSG on 06/14/12
I made it to 199 and now my scale hasn't moved for a week and a half. It's so frustrating especially when you are doing everything you are suppose to. I was so excited when I was seeing numbers move down everyday then it just stopped. Hang in there!

Leaky Sleeve Survivor!! 

tatatoothie
on 8/7/12 6:26 am
Thank you all for your advice. I will up my water intake and hope this stall will be over soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views