I have craved more ...(plus my story)

laura_teach
on 8/11/12 7:16 pm - Tomball, TX
VSG on 08/07/12
pre and post opp then ever in my life. I have never been one to really crave food but man pre and post op have been ridicuiouslou. I can not stop thinking about food. Before I wanted Whataburger but I held out and was fine. After I have been pretty okay because I realize its head hunger but today, totally didnt story. I litereally can not stop thinking about food. I tried to walk, take a nap, etc.. nothing is working. I would be fine if I could have just an egg. I am only 4 days out though so still liquid diet but man I am starving. I truely am this time, I can 100% tell its not head hunger.

I know in the long run I will be happy but I am starting to get a little unhappy right now. I just want something small like an egg, piece of cheese,etc. Ugh I am going insane.

My story
Its so strange that I am doing this now and not before. I am a weird one-though. Dont get me wrong I am extremly overweight but its weird I was average until one year after high school and I gained 60 pounds like in 2 months. All the doctors thought it could be cancer but no everything was fine. So I stayed the same for a few years and then bam I had 4 family memebers die in a 4 month time period and again 60 more pounds. So depression hits bad and I keep gaining here and there. So I talk to a variety of doctors over the years and nothing. So 10 years later I am like okay lets keep trying so I continued Weigh****ers (it worked the best for me) and keep working out but after that year I just gave up. I gave up because I was doing WW perfectly, boot camp 3 days a week and working out otherwise 2-3 extra times. Nothing was happening at all measurements or weight-wise. My doctors were stumped.

So I decided okay one more big kick.. so I went to the Biggest Loser Resort and ate max 1200 calories aday and worked out from 9am-7pm.. I LOVED IT. 
Again they doctors there were stumped because someone my size should have lost 10 or more pounds but no... I barely lost 5 pounds. I never cheated, never did anything different then what I was suppose to. My doctors (all 9 I was visiting now) were blown away as well. I have had NUT follow to so I could prove that I wasnt lying about what I eat and they to thought omg whats happening here.

So finally idea was for me to get the sleeve. So I am praying every day this works because right now with how hungry I am I am not happy. :(

cajunlady1958
on 8/11/12 8:13 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I know what you are feeling. It will pass. I used to take my protein shake and put it in the freezer til it got slushy. Then when I wanted something solid I would pull it out and eat it with a spoon. It helped a lot.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

beckyinkc
on 8/11/12 8:35 pm
VSG on 07/25/12
I feel hunger, too, so you're not alone.  They increased my omeprazole, which didn't seem to help at first, but now I think it is.  I have also been craving foods, but I think it's just because I know I can't have them.  It wasn't as bad when I was dieting before, as I technically *could* eat those things, but decided to stick with my diet and not do so; but now, with my healing stomach, I CANNOT have them without risking damage.  I think that makes the cravings worse because there's really no choice in the matter this time.  Maybe?  Either way, you can do it!  Liquids are hard, and mushies aren't much better (sorry to break that one to you, and maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm already tired of mushies), but just remember that it's worth it.  That's what I keep telling myself!

I wish you the best of luck!!

laura_teach
on 8/11/12 9:20 pm - Tomball, TX
VSG on 08/07/12
I know once I get to tuesday and can add my protein shakes in I will be good. I think I am low in my protein right now! Nothing I can do about that right now because the only protein things are making me sick so basically all I am doing is water, gaterado (just a little with this heat) and chicken broth.

rebecky
on 8/11/12 9:25 pm - Chapel Hill, NC
VSG on 07/09/12
I found that if I dissolved some Unjury unflavored powder in chicken broth, it satisfied me quite a lot. I also mixe in pineapple jello-pretty good. Check it out! Hang in there. Soon you'll be able to have more satisfying pureed vegetable soups(again with the protein powder).  I also recommend Spirutein Chocolate shakes for breakfast.
mauigirl2
on 8/11/12 10:41 pm - kihei, HI
Are you taking an acid reducer  PPI.... cause sometimes that mimics hunger and the dr. sent me home with a liquid one.

Ms. Poker Face
on 8/12/12 6:36 am
All of your feelings around food feel amplified right now because of VSG. It's the center of everything you do, so any connections to it, especially food, are front and center. This gets better with time.

Keep sipping. Stay away from carbs. Take a PPI. And this too shall pass!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

hollirrose
on 8/12/12 6:36 am
VSG on 04/21/12
Hang in there! I felt hunger on liquids/musshy stage as well. I did not feel any restriction. I am now taking two ppi's a day. I did not feel like I had an acid issue but it has made a world of difference. Also once I got to eat "real" food the restriction is there and I stay full for a long time. You will also see that your relationship and feelings towards food will really change once you are a bit further out. I still have cravings for food.. mine is subway and olive garden. and I do think about it. The thing is that I know now that I could eat it if I wanted... But I gaurentee you it wouldn't taste as good as I think it would. Best of luck with your sleeve. Hang in there and it will work for you too!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views