NSV....I think.

goingforit1
on 8/19/12 11:09 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
Background: haven't told anyone I had surgery except my spouse.

Someone at church today told me I look like a whole new person.  I  just said, " Oh, thanks.  I've been working on it anyway."  She then kind of looked me up and down and asked if I've been sick, like Cancer sick or something!  I was kind of shocked and said "No, thankfully, I haven't been sick." and then she said I look great.

So I *think* that was a NSV but now I'm all worried I look ILL. ha ha I'm still 162 lbs (5'6) so I don't look sickly thin that's for sure! I'm pretty sure it's just because of the drastic change and I'm going to take it as a compliment.
Tirza T.
on 8/19/12 12:45 pm
VSG on 01/17/12
I agree that it is probably the drastic change. I am 190 at 5'6" which is still considered obese and everyone keeps telling me I can stop losing weight now because I look great. They don't mean any harm, but I just look so much smaller that I think it is hard for them to adapt to the changes and that possibly the drastic change in size makes me appear smaller (to them) than I really am. I  also think that people ask if we were sick because they are trying to rationalize how we could attain such a significant weight loss. Regardless, it is definitely and NSV and you should be so happy with your accomplishments. Are you in maintenance now or are you going for more weight loss? I only ask this because we are the same height and I am wondering how you are feeling at your current weight. It's something I can look forward to hopefully in the next 4-5 months.

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
goingforit1
on 8/19/12 7:07 pm
VSG on 02/04/12 with
Well my BMI still shows I need to lose some more and my Dr would like for me to be about 145 lbs.  My current BMI is 26 but if I make my Dr's goal I will have a BMI of about 23 which is a more comfortable place to be.  Honestly I'd like to go further and have a BMI of 22 so I have bounce back room and so there is no question that I'm SMALL.  I've just always wanted to know what it feels like to be small.  

Currently though, some BMI charts show me in a healthy range currently, some say I'm still slightly overweight.  Whatever the case I feel better than I ever have and I look forward to continuing to lose for another 6 ish months until my surgiversary.

And NOBODY that sees me thinks I need to keep losing.  I disagree and I realize it's because they are used to seeing me so heavy so their thinking is skewed.  But they scoff when I say I need to lose another 20 ish pounds.  I don't care...I want what I want and that is to be healthy!  And NORMAL! :)

HW: 248  CW: 151  GW: 145

Most Active