Any way to make heparin easier?

Calking
on 9/15/12 11:55 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
I feel like I am missing out on something.  I didn't have to do these shots after surgery.  While in the hospital the day of and day after I had a total of three shots of heparin given by the nurse.  Of couse that doesn't account for anything I may have gotten while knocked out.  

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Urseo
on 9/16/12 8:52 am - IL
VSG on 09/11/12
 Lucky! :)
I think it's a preference by the surgeon: mine seems to prescribe them for everyone.  The differences in treatments I read here are fascinating- some people have to lose X before surgery, others have a longer or shorter liquid diet before.  That kind of thing.  Hopefully, we all get there eventually!
Hislady
on 9/16/12 6:14 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well I was told differently than folks here about the injection itself (of course everybody gets different orders) but my nurse said don't make it difficult just rub the area with an alcohol swab, poke the needle straight in, push the plunger and call it a day. She said if ya grab or pinch skin it bruises and the angle was whatever was best but she just pushed it straight in. It's always worked for me and I've had over 13 surgeries and had to do it pre and post op for all of them. Sometimes we just have to do it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views