Dr. Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/12 10:01 am
That was funny Stephanie.  As soon as I read the original post, I knew someone would make this comment.  Sure glad it was you.  :)  You are right, his plan is geared toward short term success, however, it is also highly effective at providing long term and, dare I say, permanent, weight loss.  Seriously, you should see his support groups.  Highly impressive, that's all I have to say. 
stephintexas
on 9/18/12 10:08 am
I realized after I read the OP's response that what I typed wasn't clear. I didn't mean his plan isn't successful long term, I meant it seems he maximizes the first 6-9 months for short term success. While other doctors promote, "your stomach is smaller, just keep plodding." expecting it to happen over time. People usually burn out or give up after the 6 month change happens. I believe if people don't see something happen dramatically in the short term with this surgery, they give up or stop or get a revision.  I wasn't being critical, I seriously thought of going to him for a second opinion in the past, based on his patients' feedback.

My fault for posting and working at the same time.

And Elina, you KNOW I don't seriosly think you're paid to post here, I hope. I don't think anyone gets paid to post here. I do think it's funny that people think that.

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/12 10:18 am
I love you Stephanie, I totally get that you were kidding.  Totally get it.  However, I do think it is time for me to ask for a raise from said doctor.  The only thing I have gotten so far is a protein shaker bottle.  He can at least throw in some protein powder or protein hot chocolate that I buy from his office.  I mean really, have you ever heard of such low wages?  I am filling out a complaint form with the US Department of Labor as we speak.  Something must be done about this predatory practice of his of not compensating his patients for all the goodwill they spread on OH. 
stephintexas
on 9/18/12 10:23 am
LOL I got a 30$ off coupon for supplements when I referred two patients to my doctor early on. you should at least get some free multivitamins!

OK, now seriously wth is protein hot chocolate? That sounds yummy.

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/12 10:38 am
See, this is exactly the type of exploitation I am talking about.  I have referred countless people to my doctor, most of them watched my progress in real life and wanted to know where do they go to get the same body.  There have even been one or two husbands pushing their wives right into Dr. Cirangle's office, but do you think I get a coupon or anything, NO WAY.  I get a "Hello Elina, do you have any questions for me this month?" and not even a smile.  OK maybe a smile, but I have to work for it. 

The hot chocolate can be purchased from his website or from other sources.  It is pretty good and early out was one of the easiest ways for me to get my protein in.  He does not charge an extra fee on top of his cost, so it doesn't really matter where you get it from.  He sells a bunch of stuff of his website without charging extra for it.  I know, he is just a horrible person on all accounts.  I just checked and his stuff is about 50 cents less than amazon.  You can see how it's just easy to hate this man.
Here is the link to his store.
http://www.lapsf.com/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=192

Now someone is going to accuse me of pushing product, jus****ch, it's going to happen.  Notice to crazies, she asked me first. 
stephintexas
on 9/18/12 11:17 am
 I want a copy of his plan. Wonder if he'd give it to me if I picketed outside. They don't let us picket in Texas but I notice that sort of thing is rather popular in Cali

cece58
on 9/18/12 11:19 am - CA
 Well, at least  you got a shaker bottle! All I have ever gotten is that he took 4lbs off when he weighed me once (for my clothes) because he felt "generous" that day. Usually it's only 3!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Wildcat-NYC
on 9/18/12 1:46 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

I only got 2 lbs when I weighed in after surgery...Jerk!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Sarah W.
on 9/20/12 3:59 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/27/12
Protein hot chocolate sounds good. He should sell copies of his post op plan now that the links are gone.

Sarah 5'3" VSG 9/27/12 KC Bariatric Center. Find me on MFP! Sarah829522.  

frisco
on 9/18/12 10:17 am, edited 9/18/12 10:21 am
On September 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM Pacific Time, stephintexas wrote: LOL I got a 30$ off coupon for supplements when I referred two patients to my doctor early on. you should at least get some free multivitamins!

OK, now seriously wth is protein hot chocolate? That sounds yummy.  

----------------------------------

Well..... you got $30 more than I ever got..........

I'm still pissed I never got a shaker bottle......

He did buy us dinner one night after group..... I ordered a Chicken Wing Appetizer...... to my surprise....they were fried !!!! (which I'm fine with)

Just a little weird when your bariatric surgeon is buying you fried chicken !!!!! (which he is fine with also when you have figured out how to maintain and sustain your weight.)

*** Oh.... and when I go into weigh........ I have my most lightest underwear and tee shirt (weighed on a gram scale) and I strip down....... less than a pound of clothes and take the 3lbs. allowance for clothes !!!!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op