The miracle that is a well fitted BRA

Angel1974
on 9/24/12 3:10 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Ok so since i started to lose weight, I have not bought a new bra.  My poor twins were all over the place on my big bra.  I just walk into a store and said to the sales girl,  "Honey help me, I need new bras".  She smile and say "yes you do, honey" she messure me and I am now the proud owner of three brand new bras.  They sales girl told me I couldn't walk on the streets with that old bra on.  I put on one of the bras in the store bathroom and now my twins are nice and secure in some nice sexy bra.  LOL  BTW, I left my old bra in the garbage bin the store.  LOL

I will compromise on buying new clothes, take in my jeans and wear baggie shirt BUT i cannot have my twins running wild!

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

Keywester
on 9/24/12 3:19 am
VSG on 12/05/12
There really is nothing like a good fitting bra!
christinahelena
on 9/24/12 3:23 am - CA
What a funny post, you taming the girls! I think people do underestimate the importance of a good fit, and I cannot wait to be a post op and lose inches, cause with a 46 chest size, and dd cups, you get wide super duper wide bras in the middle, I am shorter at 5.4 so the proportions are just awful and ugly. I cannot wait to have a smaller size chest....now the extra droopiness i am not looking forward to, but it will be worth it . Congrats.....what, no pics? Ha ha just kidding! Congrats on your loss so far, doing great!
Christina
Keywester
on 9/24/12 3:25 am
VSG on 12/05/12
Christina:

At my age, after two kids, I already have the droopies.  I figure after I have surgery when I roll them up to put in the cup my boobs might look better than they do now!

Laura
christinahelena
on 9/24/12 4:14 am - CA
 Oh Laura, I feel your pain, I have two kids too, and nursed them both to two years. My girls are already " granny girls"... But maybe If I can fit in a sexy bra I will just never not wear one! Starting the plastics fund right after the surgery!  
Christina
Pobearsam7
on 9/24/12 3:46 am
I just bought new bras last wkend... The girls were very happy... I've lost 70 lbs so far.. I thought the girls didnt shrink

Kelly                

rarejem
on 9/24/12 3:50 am - WA
VSG on 04/09/12
Amen!!! I may shop thrift stores for great finds on designer duds and jeans, but a good fitting  bra makes anything look great.  I too had the same problem. I was a 42DD and am now a 34DD/DDD depending on brand.  Sad part is I was a 34B until I was 35. Just when I finally blossomed, I'm now deflating and drooping a bit and that's w/o having kids. LOL

HW:265, GW:165  CW: 164 Goal reached in 7 months.  

bigpinkstork
on 9/24/12 3:58 am - NC
I agree completely!!

I was a 36C before gaining weight, so I've always been on the "good bras are essential" bandwagon--mine sagged a bit even in high school, from sheer mass.  Once I got up to 48DD, however, my choices were ridiculously limited, and the combination of back and upper arm fat made it difficult to hook a bra in the back. 

I'm down to a 42D, and the girls LOVE their new back-hook, lacy, underwire home!  I love the way a truly good bra makes my clothes fit.  The three of us are very happy, as was the man who looked down my shirt from the bank drive-thru yesterday. Good times. 
ShannonPAC
on 9/24/12 4:12 am - MI
It's AMAZING how off I was when I thought I knew what size I wore. I seriously thought I was a 44DDD and I went to the specialty bra store and got measured. OMG. I am a 40 GG in UK sizes (as I usually wear Elomi now...terrific full-figure bras), but that translates to a 40 J in US sizes! I was so off! And I don't really look that large-chested. Now my band doesn't slide up and my straps stay up. Also, my underwire actually is comfortable and sits against my chest. I used to refuse to wear underwires because I thought they were uncomfortable. If I would have gotten the right size, it would have been so much more comfortable! I can't believe I was wearing a band size 4 inches larger than what I should have. I guess it's pretty common, according to the bra measuring lady. She said most women would benefit from going down in band size and up in cup size, but that people should be measured.

Anyway, I'm so happy you got some nice bras! It makes a huge difference in how you look and feel!
Shannon (mommy to a 4 year old and 6 month old)
Sleeved May 2009 and haven't used my tool properly.

It's taken me awhile to get back here, but I'm back and ready to commit.
Angel1974
on 9/24/12 4:15 am
VSG on 06/04/12
 I am officially a 40DD! WHO KNEW!!?!?!?

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views