Weight not coming off like when I first got surgery

sharon W.
on 9/30/12 8:14 am - Manchester , ME

I am just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the weight not coming off like when you had surgery.  I am frustrated because it has stopped.  I have alot more weight to loose and need to know what to do.  Can anyone please give me suggestion?  They want me to increase my calories but as before I am afraid of gaining the weight I lost back. 

I have so much to loose that these set backs are frustrating.  I would appreciate any help from anyone that has gone threw the surgery.

Thanks
swhite1066

theshrinkingmimi
on 9/30/12 8:15 am
missing basic info- when did you have surgery?
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
sharon W.
on 9/30/12 8:52 am - Manchester , ME
Sorry I had surgery on March 19, 2012.  I was hospitalized with pneumonia and then I have been hospitalized again in which they had me on predisone.  Before this last hospitalization the weight was coming off really good and fast.

Sharon
swhite1066
Sarah W.
on 9/30/12 9:37 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/27/12
Prednisone is a steroid and will change the way your body stores energy. Depending on how long you were on it, it might take some time to get out of your system.

I am 3 days post op so I don't know my knee from my elbow about what it's like to be 6 months out but I was provided dr recommendations of eventually at 6 months getting 800 cals, 70-80 g protein, 20-40 g carbs, min 64 oz water/clear liquid daily, 30 min daily exercise.

Sarah 5'3" VSG 9/27/12 KC Bariatric Center. Find me on MFP! Sarah829522.  

judijet99
on 9/30/12 8:26 am, edited 9/30/12 8:28 am - Canada
VSG on 09/18/12
It would help to know when you had surgery? I just had surgery on Sept.18, 2012. I lost 20lbs. pre-op and 12lbs.since. I am concentrating on the things that change for me, things that get easier. The scale seems to make people crazy, so I'm only gonna check weekly or as long as I feel great, I will go with that. Protein and water are important and I'm doing good with both. I think you shouldn"t worry so much, as long as you are not heading in the wrong direction I wouldn't worry so much....:0)
~Judi~        
sharon W.
on 9/30/12 8:55 am - Manchester , ME

Sorry  I forgot to post that I had surgery on March 19, 2012.  I have lost 70lbs but I have so much more to loose.  Now I have been hospitalized twice but not because of the sleeve.  They tell me to stop worrying but I just need to get this weight off.

Sharon
swhite1066
TNERNURSE
on 9/30/12 8:43 am
 It is my understanding as you get to a lower weight - the pounds don't come off like when you were heavier. It is possible to still lose , just not as fast as before. 

sleevegirl
on 9/30/12 8:45 am - Austin, TX
When was your surgery? What was your starting weight? Give us a typical menu of what you're eating. Water? Exercise? Vitamins? We need more info.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

sharon W.
on 9/30/12 9:03 am - Manchester , ME

Sleevegirl,

My surgery was March 19, 2012.  My starting weight was 376.  Now I eat alot of chicken for the protein and  I drink one protein shake a day.  I am limited on the exercise right now because I am on a cane because of a bad back and knees.  I try walking .I take mutivitamins, calcium with vitamin d and I take biotin because my hair is coming out like crazy.  Now they want me to increase my calorie intake but Iam afraid of gaining weight.  I have lost 70 lbs but I have a lot more to go.  Now I have been hospitalized twice and the last time they had me on predisone.  That is when my weight stopped coming off.  Then when they finally stopped it I wasn't losing like before.
Any suggestions I would appreciate.

Thanks

Sharon
swhite1066
sleevegirl
on 9/30/12 9:21 am - Austin, TX
I guess I don't see the problem. 70 pounds in six months is doing pretty good, especially because you've had some setbacks. Do what your doctor says, keep trying to excercise where you can. Obviously follow the plans they are giving you because they know you best.

Me? Like I said, I usually try to follow the 800 calorie, 40 carbs rule. Are you logging EVERYTHING? I'm crazy about logging. Are you sleeping at least 8 hours a day? Are you drinking like 80 oz of water per day? Are you taking all of your vitamins? (go to celebrate's website and it will give you the lowdown on what you should take - use the "order builder" to see, even if you don't order). All this matters.

Yes, the hair loss will slow down.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active