SOOOO STUCK!!

smilinmomof3
on 10/15/12 6:05 am - MI
I'm 18 months out from my Sleeve and I have been stuck at the same weight loss for 4 months now. I can't loose and I don't gain. I've tried everything I know. Eating more, eating less, exercising more, exercising less.. Nothing will break this. I'm so frustrated - can anyone help me??? 
                                      WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Father Don
on 10/15/12 6:18 am - Charleston, SC
journaling your food?

Protein intake?
Carb intake?
water intake?

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

smilinmomof3
on 10/15/12 6:32 am - MI
I journal everything. I also exercise 4-5 days a week for an hour each time. I've talked to the dietitian and she suggest more calories - so I followed her recomdations and gained 9 pounds in one week. So I'm now back to 900-1000 calories a day. My body just seems to like this weight no matter what I do..
                                      WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

slimpickins5280
on 10/15/12 6:45 am - CO
Have you had your bllodwork done recently?
Do you drink enough water? 64 oz is minimum. You should add 8 oz for every 30 minutes of strenuous (heart rate above normal for a set amount of time) exercise.

Also, give us day in the life of your food journal. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/12 6:48 am
You are asking for advice and I think your hardest task is going to be to determine which of the many voices to listen to here.  This is what I would do in your situation: 1) Eat between 600-800 calories, 2) Eat less than 40 carbs, 3) Eat more than 70 grams of protein, and if possible closer to 80 or more, 4) Drink like a fish, 5) have most of your protein come from homemade, lean sources. 

I would do this for two weeks and see what happens. 
desertmom
on 10/15/12 6:54 am - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
Hi,I've had to drop my calories to exactly 800 with less than 30 grams of carbs and 30 g of fat when I stalled for 2 months.It took about 7 days of that and the scale started moving downwards fast again.

I didnt want to low carb,ever again but I did want the scale to move again.

Now I try to stay there with calories but my carbs might be a bit higher as I use too much milk in too many cups of tea per day and I eat edamame beans (50 pods) per day for the fibre in it,ok because I really like it!

I've also cut back on the exercise again.Might be just me but when I exercise a lot,I lose slower than when I exercise moderately.I use to run 5km 3 times a week,pilates reformer twice a week and 90 minutes of hard squash twice a week.
I've dropped the running for now. (I never exercised at all for the first 5 months except for the squash and lost fast..might just have been the honeymoon phase anyway)

To get drastic results we sometimes have to make a few drastic changes.Only for a while.

Hope this helps and do let us know what worked for you when the weight starts coming off again.

Lee ~
on 10/15/12 7:03 am - CA
When I hit my 1 year post op, I still had 20 pounds to come off. I never had regain but wanted more weight off. The last pounds re o stubborn. I really had to fight thm off. How much are you trying to lose? If you give us a breakdown from a couple days tracking, It might be easier to get advice.

I exercised at least 10 hours a week.
Calories under 1000
Carbs under 40

Good luck!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active