shoulder injury...now what

janielynne
on 10/15/12 12:16 pm
Went to the Ortho today.  It's offical, I have a Rotator Cuff injury.  Having a very hard time doing my daily work.  Some days its hard to get dressed. Pain is waking me up at night, so I'm so tired all day.   I will have to start with Physical Therapy for a few weeks and see what happens.  If not better, then a MRI to see whats next. 
Stressing out about what workouts to do. Unable to do my kettlebell. I have really been trying to work on my arms to prepare to plastics. So thats out....
Anyone had this problem?  What did you do?

Thanks

Jane

Carmelita
on 10/15/12 1:16 pm - Four Corners, NM
MuttLover
on 10/15/12 11:16 pm
VSG on 11/14/12
I have had a rotator cuff injury (and surgery), and it's no fun!  my advice is to ask the physical therapist what exercises you can and cannot do, and follow the advice -- but basically, if it hurts, that usually means don't do it.  The PT will give you exercises for your shoulders and upper arms, but they will probably involve the elastic bands (not kettleballs)!.

I am very leery of all injections, since the the relief, if any, is typically temporary, so you don't gain anything in the long run.

However, my surgery was almost 20 years ago, and after my recovery (which takes months), I was completely pain free, and able to go back to all activities, including throwing a softwall, etc.  I just don't do certain weight lifting that is over my head.

Best of luck to you, and I hope PT works out and you don't need surgery!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views