Is 2 to much?

bob-h
on 11/5/12 8:06 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

I am 4 weeks out and have been eating 1 poached egg for breakfast and 1 link of turkey sausage. Today my egg didn't turn out the best so I made another, but added the bad one to it. I had no problem eating them both and felt fine. Was the 2 eggs to much? Should I just stick to the 1? Thanks for the input. Bob

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

ParisGirl
on 11/5/12 8:48 pm
VSG on 04/25/13

Search for Frisco's post "Under Eating Your Sleeve".  It's a must read! 

shotseyrudi
on 11/5/12 9:01 pm - United Kingdom

If you didn't feel bloated or sick, then 2 was ok.

I had my sleeve op 2 years ago.

I weigh my food, 4 oz is the max to eat 5 times a day.

No drinks around the meal time.

joanie r.

Keith L.
on 11/6/12 12:15 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

If you feel satisfied with one I would stick with one. I feel like I can eat more than average with my sleeve too, but the problem with that is I am not sure where my limit is and that limit changes with the type of food I eat. The downside is that I often eat one or two bites too many and then I am in pain and uncomfortable for an hour or two.

If you go to two eggs, perhaps cut out the sausage. You will probably get more protein from the eggs than the sausage anyway. A neat trick is to put sausage seasoning on your eggs (fennel, sage, etc).

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

SuzyNZ
on 11/6/12 1:31 am
VSG on 09/17/12
Hey

This is in no way a critisism, but as well as just the volume of food, you probably need to have a think about why you kept the first egg at all. You said it wasn't the best, so why didn't you just throw it in the rubbish when you started to make the new one?

I have screwed up a few eggs since surgery. Im such a princess, I hate overcooked yolk in my eggs, so if I stuff one up, in the bin or down the waste disposal it goes and I start again.

Have a think about why you felt it was ok to keep and eat something you had already decided wasn't good.

Did you think it was wasteful?
Did you struggle wrapping your head around such a small amount of food and thought you needed more?
Was your decision that the first egg was not the best just a subconscious justification for having two?
Did you really need to have two, or would you have been satisfied after one?

Eating something "just because its there" isn't really good this early out if your plan says 1 egg.

As I said, this is not about being critical of your decision, but you taking the time to really understand why you made that choice may be important to you as you go forward on your journey

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/6/12 2:15 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Hmm.. This is something we should all think about. I know that one of the hardest things I've had to learn is to throw away food. I grew up poor and wasting food just wasn't done. Now (also a princess) if something isn't just right out it goes.

Perfect example: I made myself a lovely small rice pudding (completely allowable and accounted for) and this morning I planned to have the 4th and last serving for my breakfast. Well, today Fred decided he doesn't like the brown rice part, so I scraped off the light custard part, enjoyed it and chucked the rest.

I figure that since I have very limited capacity I'm not wasting a cubic centimetre on anything I don't truly enjoy. (And every morsel has to carry its weight nutritionally)

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/6/12 3:19 am
VSG on 10/09/12
The dogs come in very handy here and I don't feel bad for wasting because they love it so its not a waste. I am with you. Every morsel MUST be perfect or its not worth it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

gloria P.
on 11/6/12 3:10 am - Fayetteville , AR
VSG on 01/06/12
Kelly, I'm with you. I'm not wasting my space or calories on something that is not tastey. So I definitely throw it out and don't look back. I have to say, that KILLS my hubby and so he got really hurt or upset at me at first especially if he was the cook that day. Now after 10 months and my repeating this mantra many many times..... He finally gets it. He knows I will throw it out. He cringes, and keeps his mouth shut I think because he can look at me and see that what I have done is working. Good luck to everyone.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views