Goal!!! Oh yeah baby here I am!! (LONG -PICS)

Feystorm
on 11/20/12 4:19 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

That’s right folks, it took me 8 months and 1 week, but I made it!  I sit this morning just under my goal at 114.6!!!  I am over the moon with happiness!

Here’s the Stats:

Highest recorded weight:       242

Pre-op Weight:                        217

Loss on pre-op:                       -17

Day of Surgery:                      200

My surgeon and I compromised on the goal, me wanting the top of a healthy bmi – him saying that I could go lower.  We settled in the middle(ish) at 115.  I am more than likely going to keep going down a bit, just to give myself some bounce back room.

More stats:

Pants pre-op                20 (stretched tight, leaving red marks, refused to go higher)

Shirts Pre-op               2XL

I didn’t wear dresses or skirts.  Suits I would squeeze into an 18P as long as I could, then went to stretchy pants and a nice blouse.

Shoes:                          6.5WW to 7WW

Ring:                           7.5

NOW:

Pants                           3 in Misses – 2 or 4 in women’s, depending on brand

(NSV: Cheap Wal-Mart size small sweat pants are TOO BIG!! Omg, omg, omg, omg)

Shirts:                          S or 4

Skirts:                          4

Dresses:                       4

Shoes:                          Kids 4, Womens 5 – 5.5 no more wide width

Ring:                           5.5 or 5

I have had a lot of cost in replacing clothes.  My wedding was in June – and the dress was altered twice and still was big on the day of the wedding.  I bought it a size 18, was too big for the dress when it came in last December – it wouldn’t fit.  I had it altered down to a size 12.  My wedding dress is now at my best friend’s mom’s house where she is going to make it into a quilt for me. YAY!  My engagement ring wasn’t fitting before the ceremony, and the matching band didn’t match up to it.  I had bought a temporary band, but that one lasted only a month before it was too big.  I wore one of my mother’s old bands while I went through the debacle of ordering my new set.  I wear that now.  It’s a 5.5 and is a little loose.  But I am not giving it up!!

My surgeon’s plan didn’t set a specific carb goal – just keep it low and keep the protein high.  But I followed the guidelines that many here helped me establish.  600 cal, 40 or less carbs, 60-80 protein.  I upped the cals to 800 when my energy levels tanked at the start of the fall semester.  But I maintain the low carb lifestyle.  I plan to have that be my goal for the rest of my life.

I don’t consider myself a success... I will when I have been in maintenance for a few long years without a significant regain.  I am allowing a little bounce back (like I said, gonna go down a bit more) – and I fully intend to have plastics within the next two years or so.  My boobs will finally be the same size, so help me.  My panni will be gone – the skin is severely damaged from having two extra large babies and long term obesity.  After the tummy tuck and boob job I will consider the arms and thighs.

Thank you to those that took the time to help: Ruggie, Frisco, Elina, Rob, Sleevegirl, and many others.  I appreciate it all and I know I missed some great helpers.  This site has been awesome and I have gained two very close personal friends from here.  Jenn and Alison are my in life support group, surgery buddies and my personal heroes!  I could not be at goal without those two.  Wait til ya’ll see Alison’s new tatas!! I am jealous. 

Now for the pics, I know that’s what peeps want.

Summer 2011 - Annecy France

Family Pics Fall 2011 - I am just going up and up again

Trying on my wedding dress in August 2011

My Little girl's 9th birthday

When it came in December 2011 - the back is clipped to hold it :(

My official post op pic:

Now for the more fun post op ones:

May 2012 - Trying on the wedding dress again - it's too big and this time clipped to keep it on me lol

My fam and I at the LA Zoo - I am shrinking

Our family pic from the wedding in June

My little girl's 10th bday - a huge difference

Me & my surgery buddies and Heroes at Halloween.  I am so in love with these two:

The girls trip to Vegas, Oct 2012

My husband and I at Knott's:

And this morning - celebrating my goal by rocking my new purple sweater and sexy purple boots.  I love purple - if you didn't know. 

It's hard work - you can't get to goal by thinking you are going to do it easy, doesn't work that way.  Use your tool and ROCK IT OUT!!!

Much love.  

~Angi

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

RedStar98
on 11/20/12 4:25 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12

WOW!!  Amazing.. congratulations.. you are inspiring.. thank you!!

Feystorm
on 11/20/12 7:56 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Aww thank you 

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

firefly2000
on 11/20/12 4:32 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12

Wow girl!! Simply amazing!! You ARE a success, and will continue to be!! VSG, has been a life saver for so many of us!! Just think about where we might be today if we hadn't gotten WLS? Scary, right?! 

Best of luck to you my sleeve sister! Continue rockin that sleeve, you sure do wear it well!!!!

Lesley

Feystorm
on 11/20/12 7:57 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Hi Lesley!  You are doing great too!!  Us sleeve sisters will rock this out!

~Angi

Linda B.
on 11/20/12 4:38 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Wow, this is the first time I've seen your before pictures. What a difference. I am so proud of you, way to go. I love the purple, yoso rock that color. See you in a few weeks kiss

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Feystorm
on 11/20/12 7:57 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Thank you so much Linda!  You and Mike are amazing.  Thank you for being my friends.

Linda B.
on 11/20/12 2:27 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Angi, you are amazing too. I am so glad that we were brought together by OH.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Shagdoll
on 11/20/12 4:48 am, edited 11/20/12 4:50 am

Holy Mother of Jesus ... I am speechless... seriously...

Geezuz Angi, I don't think I ever saw all those pre-op pics before.  You have transformed into the most beautiful young lady before my eyes in these pics!!!  You are absolutely amazing my gurl, simply amazing & I just love you to pieces.  I am so very lucky to have you in my life & call you my friend. 

Congratulations on all your success ... dang, I seriously am in awe with your pics.  I cannot wait to see you again very soon!!!  You may not consider yourself a true success story but you are... and well on your way to long term success with your way of thinking.  You inspire me to the fullest, I cannot thank you enough.

I swear peeps, Angi is amazing.  I wish you all knew her as well and I do!  I am one lucky ***** for sure to have her in my life!!!!

We gotta go shopping soon ... soooo excited!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Shagdoll
on 11/20/12 4:50 am, edited 11/20/12 5:29 am

BTW, thanks for posting the 8 pound water retention pic of me as a Lollipop Gurl, it's what I get for hating compression garments & refusing to wear them... next time I need to stand up straight, it helps! ... I freaking hated that TOM was about to visit a day or 2 after that meet up! blush

But seriously... that pic makes me smile, I do absolutely love it with my 2 favorite gurls.  xoxoxoxoxoxo

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 97 views