Been vomiting alot here lately

arob843_
on 12/6/12 10:51 pm
VSG on 11/19/12

I had my sleeve on the 19th of November, everything has gone pretty good and I am down 30lbs, but now that I'm on mushy foods I tried some tuna the other night and it was a horrible experience, took two small bites, then started vomiting several different times afterwards, needless to say no more tuna for me. then last night I had a ham and cheese roll up which I have been eating fine and I dipped it in a small amount of mustard, well wouldn't u know got super sick again, continued vomiting, etc which freaks me out cause I don't want to hurt anything on the inside, I have never had any problems with heartburn or anything and now since surgery i'ts very bad, and yes I take my pepcid and gas x strips, I just hope everything is okay and that i'm not messing anything up in there with my tummy, what did anyone do if the 20mg pepcid didn't seem to be doing the trick?

Rita M.
on 12/6/12 10:58 pm - Webster, MA

Ok to vomit once in a while is within the normal guidelines but to vomit excessively is NOT. You need to kind of keep track how often that happens. If you feel it is too much then by all means see your doctor. 

I have also heard and read on OH that when getting in to a new stage with eating and trying out new foods that it can really mess up your stomach. So don't be too hard on yourself, but again if you feel it is not right in any way see your doctor.

As far as the pepcid is concerned.....I took Omeprazole before surgery and it didn't help afterwards and I am taking Nexium now.

Good luck.

Hugs,

Rita 

stephanieplum
on 12/6/12 11:53 pm, edited 12/6/12 11:53 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

I would call your doctor.  Hope you feel better soon. 

mimij
on 12/7/12 12:07 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

I am sorry this is happening to you right now. Ham and cheese roll ups and tuna were not on my mushies list. Could it be that you are introducing some foods too soon? I was on cottage cheese, pureed soups, greek yogurt, baked ricotta, protein shakes, protein pudding, soft scrambled egg, things like that for for the first 5 weeks. Make sure you are reading and following your doctor's plan. They are all different. Your stomach is still healing at this point. 

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

emelar
on 12/7/12 1:29 am - TX

Call your doc and get his/her advice.

I suspect that your stomach is still swollen and not really ready to handle soft foods yet.  Even though a doctor's plan may tell you to advance to the next level, your body may not be ready for it.  And once you've irritated your tummy - like you did with the tuna - the best thing you can do is to fall back to full liquids for at least a day to give it a chance to calm down.

If the pepcid isn't doing the trick for you with acid, have your doc recommend or prescribe a PPI like Nexium.  Your tummy continues to produce acid at a higher rate for awhile after surgery.  It will calm down over time.

arob843_
on 12/7/12 4:36 am
VSG on 11/19/12

thanks everyone for the advice, I appreciate it. When I saw the doc Monday he is the one who told me to start on thin deli meats, the soups, etc but like you have said, my tummy is just a angry bird right now, and guess just doesn't want that,lol. I have ate nothing today but my protein shakes and some sf jello only a few bites and so far so good, just gotta let it takes it's own time to heal and not push stuff yet, the doc says its all gonna be trial and error, but I sure don't like the error part !!!!!!!!! Can someone tell me how to make that cauliflower bake or ricotta bake please?

emelar
on 12/7/12 8:34 am - TX

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/

Eggface has the ricotta bake.  I think both of them have various recipes with cauliflower.

Ms Shell
on 12/7/12 8:02 am - Hawthorne, CA

First off SOME foods are hard.  If you find yourself vomiting take that food OFF the list and the remainder of the day treat your stomach like a baby and just give it liquids.

Maybe go a bit more "bland" with foods like the ham and/or the mustard just might not agree, nor the tuna.  Folks have problems with eggs and chicken too.  You never know until you know.  Just go slow and gentle your stomach is a NEW BORN BABY so treat it as such.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

lolabigcups
on 12/8/12 10:27 am - Napoleon, OH
VSG on 10/05/12 with

You might be eating too fast.I find that if I eat anything solid too fast I am throwing it up shortly after.I just am not a slow eater I guess even though my doc says it should take 30 minutes to eat a meal.I also take pepcid.I take 20mg in the morning and 20 mg at bedtime which helped.I have certain foods I can no longer stomach,peanut butter,bacon,shredded bbq  beef all make me vomit.I feel your pain about getting sick after eating.Just take it slow and you will be ok.I am 2 months out an down 40 pounds.it all take time for your stomach to heal.Good Luck!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views