I am freaking out and sssoooo mad about weight gain!

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 2:17 am - Webster, MA

OMG I would probably give myself the proverbial bullet so to speak. I am struggling emotionally and that is why I just went crazy over the small weight gain. I am sure all will be different in a couple days. Thanks for your input.

Hugs,

Rita

edelu
on 12/11/12 3:47 am - los angeles, CA

Oh Hon.

Half a lb?  You will see gains all through this process.  I thought i was used to them, I continually go up 2 then drop it again and I'm still compliant after 16 months.  On Friday i weighed 119lbs, yesterday, 125.  I freaked out.  Slimpickens had to talk me off the ledge.  I hadn't done anything to warrant that.  I thought i was over all the crazy after all this time. 

Today i weighed 121, it's not 119 but it will be by the end of the week.  We can't know what our bodies do.  The one thing i do know is that generally  when it goes up, it comes down and takes something extra with it.

But like me the extra weight did not come from sodium or food but stress.  It took slimpickens to point out to me just how stressed I've been.  Emotional crap messes with us too and it's as much about that as anything.  You have enough to be dealing with. Try not to sweat the small stuff and enjoy the last couple of days you have together.

So pulling for you.    

slimpickins5280
on 12/11/12 4:08 am - CO

Hell yes! 121!

WOOT!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 7:42 am - Webster, MA

A big angryWOOHOO for you.

Hugs,

Rita

mimij
on 12/11/12 2:17 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Rita,

Thank you and your husband for your service to our country. I guess this might be more of an emotional issue related to his being deployed than about the 1/2 pound. It is so normal to see fluctuations like that. You have done everything to stay on plan and you should keep doing so. Don't weigh yourself every day if it is going to mess with your mind. Your mind is the most powerful tool along with your sleeve in this journey. I stopped weighing every day because of this very thing. I have read that twice per week is enough to watch trends.  You are amazing. Get your mind off that number and enjoy your husband today. Hugs and more hugs.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 2:29 am - Webster, MA

Hi Mimi,

thanks for thinking of me/us. I should kind of be used to my DH leaving since this is the 6th time and not the first. But saying hello and good bye on and off for several years is just such a bummer. I am just drained today and I know my weight loss will continue and all will be fine. I guess I just need a couple days.

Hugs,

Rita

Faye56
on 12/11/12 2:24 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

It will be ok. It is normal and when under a lot of stress your weight can fluctuate because of that also. I imagine you are pretty stressed about your hubby leaving.  Don't let this 1/2 lb upset you too much. Just stick to your plan and that 1/2 lb plus some will fall off!

Hugs and thanks to you and your husband for serving our country!!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 2:31 am - Webster, MA

Hi Faye56,

Yeah I will get over it eventually. Wednesday and Thursday will be hard and I guess I will be back on track and my old self after that. Thanks for you support Hon.

Hugs,

Rita

Shagdoll
on 12/11/12 2:39 am

Rita, (((HUGS))) to you gurl...

Maybe it's not the 1/2 pound that got to you but your hubby leaving for Afghanistan.  That would do it for me!

You are sticking to plan ... our weight does fluctuate; it happens.  The weight will come off; promise.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 2:42 am - Webster, MA

Hi Shagdoll,

yeah I know it is. I will get through this and I will NOT turn to food for comfort, I promise. Just need a little time. 

Hugs,

Rita

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views