I am freaking out and sssoooo mad about weight gain!

slimpickins5280
on 12/11/12 3:06 am - CO

Stres****s us all differently. We can't all be Elina and lose 5 lbs because of Stress (yes, I'm bitter). No. Some of use have to be "special" and retain ****loads of fluid.

Keep pumping the fluids. Go flip off the stupid scale. It doesn't know anything anyway.

Prayers for your hubby's safe return.

PS Pull up your big girl panties and figure out how you are going to deal with the NEXT unexpected gift from scale fairy ***** It will probably happen again.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 4:37 am

I think I scare the weight off.  I threaten it with soup and it falls right off.  :)  I love your bitter self, totally love you. 

slimpickins5280
on 12/11/12 5:25 am - CO

*hugs* I love you too!

I want to try your soups again. Do you consider them WL or maintenance?

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 5:33 am

Are you kidding me?  They are the ultimate WL food.  I still lose like a crazy woman on them.  A few days of eating those soups and I need some serious peanut butter to put some weight back on.  Once Alan left for a week on business and left me nothing but a huge pot of one of his soups.  So that is what I lived on more or less the whole week.  I lost five pounds and that was not a good thing as I was already 105 lbs.  Yeah, they are certainly there for the WL phase, as a matter of fact, they were my main "go to" foods all winter during my losing phase.  I practically lived on them. 

slimpickins5280
on 12/11/12 6:38 am - CO

I tried the green chicken soup early on and it was awesome! But some veggies trigger carb cravings for me. Now that I know which ones they are (stupid carrots and celery), I'll just leave them out.

I'm heading over to your profile and print them all off.

You are an amazing woman!

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 7:12 am

If you lived close by, I would tell you to just come over and get some soup.  Just gave some to Christina today, along with the Chocolate soy slender that I love beyond words.  I mix it with my chocolate protein powder, coffee and ice cubes and make awesome frappucinos. 

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 7:20 am - Webster, MA

Elina,

you don't live in Massachusetts do you?

I wish I could pop on over and just hang out, but if you don't live in my state then bummer...............

Hugs,

Rita

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 7:44 am

I live in California, so popping by wouldn't really work. But... you can always, and I mean always, find me and chat.  We can Skype, we can talk on the phone, we can email each other.  I am here for you in anyway I can be of help.  You and your husband are real life heroes.  You might not feel very heroic now, but it's not about how we feel, it's about what we do.  Your husband's and your actions are what allows the rest of us to go about our lives.  You are the real deal. 

slimpickins5280
on 12/11/12 8:38 am - CO

I'm going to try the green chicken soup again first, then the no-tortilla, tortilla soup.

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 7:15 am, edited 12/11/12 7:21 am - Webster, MA

Thanks Honey for the encouragement. Yeah I am not gonna do battle with the scale fairy......I'll just throw it out the window if it ****** me off again!

Hugs,

Rita

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 478 views