Quick question - 3 month weight

ravenbrown
on 12/12/12 11:27 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

What is it that docs like to see at your three month weight?  Is it 50% from surgery weight?  I have 11 pounds for five weeks before I see him to hit 50% from the last time I was weighed at his office before surgery (I had lost about 10 pounds on the pre-op diet at that point).  Just curious because I think that that is doable...I hope it's doable :)

I'm hoping for an appointment where he doesn't tell me I'm "4-5 pounds behind" where he'd like me to be. 

fear_of_grace
on 12/12/12 11:44 pm - TN
VSG on 10/08/12

I don't have an answer, but I'm curious as well.  It looks like you have done an amazing job so far though, can't imagine any surgeon would be displeased with that! 

I'm pretty sure I won't be near my 50% at the 3 month mark, that would be 75 lbs! I'm hoping to hit 50 even though that's 10 more pounds from where I am now.  

Good luck to you and keep us updated! 

Month 1: -27 lbs Month 2:  -9 lbs Month 3: -11 lbs Month 4:-10 lbs Month 5: -8 lbs

Month 6: -8 lbs Month 7: -5 lbs Month 8: -9 lbs  Month 9: -2 lbs Month 10:

ravenbrown
on 12/12/12 11:50 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

At my nearly two month appt (which was supposed to be a six week appointment, but he was off for a bit for Thanksgiving), he told me I was 4 or 5 pounds behind average or where he'd like me to be or something along those lines.  I'm fine with it now, and I am determined to not be "behind," but he really burst my proverbial bubble that day.  I think he thought my weight loss was slowing down, but it actually hasn't.  I actually lost 1 pound more month two than I did month one, but regardless it's good for me to have a doc like that even if it made me depressed for the day.  Now, I just want to show him :)

You're doing great!  We're surgery buddies!

fear_of_grace
on 12/12/12 11:56 pm - TN
VSG on 10/08/12

We are surgery buddies! I didn't notice that! 

I can definitely see how a comment like that would really spur you on to show him! haha.   My surgeon hasn't mentioned where I should be yet, so no bubble bursting yet for me, but also a lot of wondering if I'm on track, how am I doing, will this work?, etc. 

ravenbrown
on 12/12/12 11:59 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Well, I think you're doing great!  You could always ask your surgeon when you see him/her next.  Mine is very up front, no sugar coating, and totally honest with what he's seen.  I chose him because of that, but it would still nice to be a little hand-holding if you know what I mean :)

Wildcat-NYC
on 12/13/12 2:09 am
VSG on 08/16/12

That's what my doctor likes to see...it's not a hard and fast rule, but just a general sense that you're doing the work, etc.  Sounds like you are on the right track.  If he says something about 4-5 lbs I'd be surprised...

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Most Active