My 3.5 month truth= accountability. (long)

kristen D.
on 1/9/13 5:48 am - Middletown, NY
VSG on 09/25/12

My 3.5 truth.

I started in May at 285lbs. Through the pre-op diet i was down to 265 by Surgery Day (9/25/12). Everything was great I was staying on plan and the support on here was AMAZING! Month 1.5 was perfect! Then I got off my antacid meds and the GERD started, I was gagging all the time and unable to get what I needed in without wanting to puke, and got sick at the same time. Back on the meds and GERD got better! :) But i was already off what i should have been doing, and have been off since. I'm not getting enough calories/protein/ or fluids. And I began to drink alcohol, a lot because I liked how quickly it hit me, then i'd feel sober that much quicker, no good. Still all the while losing weight, but i know it's not the right way. I've been struggling with a 2 month period and an almost just as long bladder infection.

This all sounds so negative, but to be honest, it's still the BEST choice I've ever made for my life! I am no longer diabetic, my blood pressure is perfect (i was 28 with a bp of 168/105), and I still feel so much better than I did before surgery. Not to mention going from 285 size 24 to 203 size 16/18 in 3.5 months is great for me! So I am going back to basics, buying protein shakes again, and through away the liquor. I'm going to set up a personal training session next week too and I'll be back on track. I think the most important thing is finding supports, getting on OH again and getting to meetings. Just wanted to share my raw experience so far.

thanks for reading

Machelle.K
on 1/9/13 6:21 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

Sorry it has been so rough, just concentrate on the basics and the rest will follow, hang in there.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Shagdoll
on 1/9/13 6:31 am

Oh Kristen, I really hope you kick that alcohol habit.  It is way to early to be drinking for many reasons.  It will not only stall your weight loss but it can because a serious transfer addiction.  Sounds like you are well aware that you want to make some changes.  Good for you!!!

You've got this; you can do it.  You've already come such a long way ... keep fighting the good fight!!!!

xo

Jenn  

WWBD?  

MomofMarch
on 1/9/13 7:30 am - GA

I think with your alcohol consumption and all this early out, it would be a good idea for you to talk to a psychiatrist. There are many times when a new addiction comes because we can't fall back on old addictions. When I am in a funk (I have been in one for the last week.), I like to start the week off as a fresh start. Get back to tracking your foods and sticking to it. Definitely get to a support group. I didn't think they would help me, but it really is!

You've got the right ideas! Get set up with your trainer, get back to basics, and just give yourself a fresh start. Best wishes to you!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

jenlaur1
on 1/9/13 7:31 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

the first step is always the hardest..admitting you have a problem.  That means you're well on your way to enjoying the benefits of your sleeve even more.  

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views