TMI: 2 weeks out and my first egg!

laDeelila
on 1/17/13 7:39 am - NJ

Hey there,

I'm 2 weeks out and have been getting down all of my full liquids nicely. I felt great! Today was my first day on puree/soft. I started off with a cup of tea then an hour later about a half of a very wet scrambled egg. Two hours from that I drank 4 ounces of a protein shake.

I was on my way home and stuck in traffic and all of a sudden I had a horrible feeling in my gut and pretty much thought I was going to **** myself. I almost pulled over for the side of the road. That would have been horrifying! It would subside then come back in a matter of seconds! I finally made it home and exploded my bathroom with no time to spare. Now its even hard to get clear liquids in and I don't want to leave my toilet!

Anyone have this reaction?

I'm hoping it will be better by tomorrow and Ill just try to stick with soups if I can keep that in. Literally a pain in the ass!

'Deneen

Excited and thankful to be on this rollercoaster of a journey!

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/17/13 7:50 am

Scrambled egg was the first thing I tried to and it did not get along with my new stomach.  Are you taking a PPI for acid reflux..that helps, but frankly I stuck to cottage cheese.  That was really my first go to food.  I think everyone's stomach is different but that is pretty much the reaction I had to eggs.  Fudgsicles were another thing that seemed easy...I am six weeks out so not that farther along than you.  Good Luck!!

KnitsByMama
on 1/17/13 7:59 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

A lot of people report issues with eggs early out. I was lucky, they were fine for me from the begining and were my MAIN source of protein in the early weeks. My Dr.'s advice is if those symptoms happen wait a week and try again. 

Bekahre7
on 1/17/13 8:15 am

I'm 6 weeks out and I can't do eggs, either.  Or chicken.  Maybe it's anything that comes from a chicken.  Bad news.  And I can completely empathize with the "bathroom explosions".  They come on super strong and panic mode strikes!  Hate that.  I hope it's not a forever thing.

KELLY H.
on 1/17/13 9:11 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12

When I had my first egg I got the very full painful feeling but no explosions.  I hadn't tried it since because it was so uncomfortable.  I had mashed up chili tonight with a little cheese.  Yeah, explosion.   Now I feel kind of icky.  I feel your pain!

seejo
on 1/17/13 9:26 am - AR
VSG on 12/20/12

I'm 4 weeks out and have had problems with eggs.  I tried some this morning and it was fine.  Give it a couple more weeks.  My doctor said that eggs have a tendency to float which causes people problems.

laDeelila
on 1/17/13 10:24 am - NJ

I'm glad I am not alone. I went back to liquids because I was afraid to mess with it, but I will try something different tomorrow. I'm just thankful there was no accident lol! In my car no less!

Thanks for the feedback!

busboss1
on 1/17/13 11:05 am
VSG on 12/18/12

Greek yogart is good. I did that and some sf pudding at two weeks. The first time I ate eggs, it wasn't good either. I have eaten fish and tender chicken and string cheese. If I eat to fast or if I don't chew enough, I get very uncomfortable, I was told at a support group to buy small silverware and put my fork or spoon down between bites. It seems to help.

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Cindi A.
on 1/18/13 8:23 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

Eggs are the one thing that has really been an issue with me, too. No matter how I've tried to cook them!! I am so disappointed because 1) I love love love eggs, 2) they are versatile and help stave off protein food boredom, 3) they are a great easy source of protein.

I try about every 2 weeks but so far they go down like a lead weight and just don't taste appetizing. ::sigh::

I sure hope it changes. I've heard that often foods that we can't tolerate early out become okay again eventually. I think I'll just have to put them aside for a few months. :-( 

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views