ladies....emergency contraception?

artmaker
on 2/10/13 4:57 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with
Wondering if the morning after pill (Plan B) has it's same effectiveness after vsg? Haven't needed to you use it (thank gosh), but I'd rather now know than freak out later. Does anyone have any experience with this?

"Only the noble of heart are called to difficulty"

-Soren Kierkegaard

stillalb
on 2/10/13 5:12 am

I don't have an answer for you. But it is a valid question. I would think you can ask any doctor about where and how it is absorbed and that will answer the question. Personally I think I have to get a copper IUD ( i can't do any hormones) next time I see my pcp. Hasn't been a problem in the past but my body definitely works better now. lol so it may be a concern in the future.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jenlaur1
on 2/10/13 5:39 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

I think it is absorbed like the regular birth control pill is.  You can google it or give you OB/GYN a call...talk to their nurse who can probably give you a professional answer that you can rely on.  :)  

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

beckyinkc
on 2/10/13 6:00 am
VSG on 07/25/12

I think this is definitely something to double-check with your doctor.  It's a good question, and one you'll want a definitive, reliable answer to!  (Fill us in when you find out, by the way!)

artmaker
on 2/10/13 7:09 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with
I see my obgyn tomorrow, so i'll def ask. I just don't know how much knowledge she'll have regarding wls. I'll give my doc a call too, and let y'all know when i get an answer!

"Only the noble of heart are called to difficulty"

-Soren Kierkegaard

Lisa1023
on 2/10/13 7:09 am
VSG on 03/05/13
Reliable birth control is the way to go.
IHeartMexico
on 2/10/13 10:52 am
VSG on 01/21/13
I would recommend if you take precaution ahead of time. If your not on the pill right now I would use a back up method until you can start taking it regularly . As for the morning after pill - I'm not sure how that will impact you after WLS. Good luck !

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views