Synthrax Matrix Protein first ingredient

Living4MyBabySon
on 2/12/13 1:56 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
I know our first ingredient in our protein shakes should be whey isolate. I got some samples and tried the matrix mint cookie which is really good but I noticed the first ingredient is "protein blend" which is kind of misterious to me. I read up on it and it says it has 3 different proteins, one of which is egg protein, which I know is very beneficial. So my question is before I buy the big ole tub of it is, it OK that it s this protein blend instead of just the whey isolate?

tarsanne
on 2/12/13 2:18 am - MO
I don't know exactly but my nut said it was on the list for what I can have. Syntrax is made in the town where I live and you can go directly to the building and get discounted jugs of it!
Living4MyBabySon
on 2/12/13 3:32 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Wow! ! Lucky you. The mint cookie and cookies and cream are sooo good!

HEATHER H.
on 2/12/13 4:32 am - SC
VSG on 08/07/12

I believe it's that blend that makes it "extended release". If I were you, I would do one extended release "blend" and one immediate release whey isolate. I use Syntrax and love it. I think the Matrix is extended and the Nectar is immediate but don't hold me to that. Just check the ingredients.

Highest Weight: 270   Pre-Op Weight 267    Day of Surgery: 254.5   Current: 154             Month 1: -20lbs , Month 2 -16lbs, Month 3 -15lbs Month 4 - 10lbs, Month 5 - 11lbs;  month 6 - 9lbs; month 7 - 6lbs; month 8 - 4lbs; month 9 - 5lbs; month 10 - 1lb

Calking
on 2/12/13 6:09 am
VSG on 05/31/12

Heather has it right.  Whey protein isolate is immediately available for your body to absorb and utilize which is why it is the best option out there.  The other proteins and protein blends are more of an extended release.  You really don't want a lot of the extended release options.  By the time it starts releasing it is do far into your digestive system as to not do you any good.  Remember that liquids do not get stopped at the bottom of your stomach by the pyloric valve they just slide on by.  So all in all the best bet is to stick with 100% Whey Protein Isolate as much as possible.  

Remember that the reason that you take chewable vitamins (or liquid or powder) is so that they are available more quickly.  You don't want extended released vitamins or vitamins that are coated as they will dissolve farther in your digestive track so as not to be useful anymore.  This is also true of your calcium supplement.  

So for the same reason that you want to use chewable vitamins and calcium you also should choose whey protein isolate as found in About Time (gnc.com for $35 per month plus 20% off with gold card ($15 per year for 20% off first week each month))) and Isopure and for a very inexpensive Body Fortress (buy at Walmart for $22 and serves about a month's worth of daily shakes ... caution that there is a $15 version that is a blend.  The biggest way to tell is that the blend says 52g protein and the isolate says 60g protein also the word Isolate is on the one that is the Isolate.  Also note that those amounts are for 2 scoops and you will only be using one scoop per shake.)

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views