Hives, rashes & numbness...anyone?

Healthy4Life2012
on 2/23/13 11:42 am
I've been getting hives & rashes on my neck, chest, arms and now stomach BAD, off and on for the past month and 1/2 or so, getting worse each time. Family doctor has no idea what it's from or what type of ra**** is. She said its a severe allergic reaction to something. She sent me for a ton of bloodwork, and is treating me with Claritin, Benedryl and prednisone. I also noticed while shaving my legs the other day that the front of my thighs have nerve pain. Feels painful when the razor touches it. When I touch my legs with my hand, it kind if feels numb. Any ideas what the heck is going on with me??? I'm almost 11 weeks post op.
serenity1959
on 2/23/13 12:12 pm
VSG on 08/05/13

Be careful with that and continue to take your benedryl, etc.   When I was pregnant with  my DD I had a bad allergic reaction that closed up my throat and I had to go to the hospital for five days.

Healthy4Life2012
on 2/23/13 8:59 pm
On February 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM Pacific Time, serenity1959 wrote:

Be careful with that and continue to take your benedryl, etc.   When I was pregnant with  my DD I had a bad allergic reaction that closed up my throat and I had to go to the hospital for five days.

I worry about that too. Thanks for responding. : )
HilaryH8103
on 2/23/13 1:00 pm - WA
I have rheumatoid arthritis & some of the symptoms you're describing sound like a few of mine. Numbness, tingling, I also get severe pain from shaving and when I touch some parts of my legs they feel numb as well. I do not have rashes or itching though.

Watch out with that prednisone it'll make you gain tons of weight & swell up in the face. I gained 40lbs from taking prednisone in a very short time. I don't think I'll ever be taking that again no matter how bad my R.A gets. How many mg's are you on?

Maybe it's one of the new vitamins you're taking or an ingredient in your protein shake. How do you get your protein? Meat, chicken, powder or shakes?

I hope you feel better soon!!

XO
Hilary
Healthy4Life2012
on 2/23/13 9:06 pm
On February 23, 2013 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, HilaryH8103 wrote:
I have rheumatoid arthritis & some of the symptoms you're describing sound like a few of mine. Numbness, tingling, I also get severe pain from shaving and when I touch some parts of my legs they feel numb as well. I do not have rashes or itching though.

Watch out with that prednisone it'll make you gain tons of weight & swell up in the face. I gained 40lbs from taking prednisone in a very short time. I don't think I'll ever be taking that again no matter how bad my R.A gets. How many mg's are you on?

Maybe it's one of the new vitamins you're taking or an ingredient in your protein shake. How do you get your protein? Meat, chicken, powder or shakes?

I hope you feel better soon!!

XO
Hilary
R.A? I never thought about that! Does it come in suddenly though? I'm on 30mg first 2 days, 40mg for the next 2 days and then 20mg the last day. Hope it works and I don't gain any weight!! I'm thinking the rash this time is from coco butter that I put on my stomach and chest. Maybe new perfumes can account for the ones on my neck?? Who knows but I can't take it!!! Never had any issues my whole life! Maybe body chemistry changing from losing weight quickly?
I get my protein through shakes and meats. I've been doing the shakes even before surgery without any problems. Thanks for getting back to me : )
MeSkinny8
on 2/23/13 1:16 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

I just went for my three month check up with my surgeon.  During my visit they went over how important it is taking  vitamins & minerals with iron, calcium with D3 (and as important taking them 2 hours apart from one another), protein, and water.  The doctor said some (mostly RNY) patients have nerve issues from not taking their vitamins.  I received a B12 injection during my visit and will continue every 3 months or maybe more often if needed. 

Healthy4Life2012
on 2/23/13 9:10 pm
On February 23, 2013 at 9:16 PM Pacific Time, MeSkinny8 wrote:

I just went for my three month check up with my surgeon.  During my visit they went over how important it is taking  vitamins & minerals with iron, calcium with D3 (and as important taking them 2 hours apart from one another), protein, and water.  The doctor said some (mostly RNY) patients have nerve issues from not taking their vitamins.  I received a B12 injection during my visit and will continue every 3 months or maybe more often if needed. 

Maybe it's that I take all my vitamins at once? I got blood work done so I will see on Monday if my levels are on track. I'm thinking this rash all over my chest and stomach are from coco butter that I put on since that's the only place I put it! Do our bodies chemistry change with the rapid weight loss? Because I've never been sensitive or had allergic reaction to anything. Thanks for posting back to me
: )
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views