staying strong

loveyameanit
on 3/22/13 1:36 pm

I have managed to endure watching those around me (family mostly) eat pizza, burgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders, bacon & eggs, and today the ultimate stronghold I had to resisit.....Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
There are 11 doughnuts sitting in a box on my kitchen counter right now. Do I want one?! Yes, of course I do, will I eat one?! NO I won't because I am too afraid I will get seriously sick. In addition to the fact that I am not even 3 weeks out, I know one stupid doughnut isn't worth it in the end. Gotta keep my eyes on the prize.

I will not kid myself and think that I won't ever eat a doughnut again, I just know that right now, I can't do eat the things I once loved so dearly get me sidetracked from what I am really after. Better health and better living.

What about you? How have you handled watching those around you eat food you once ate without thinking.?

btw-the one missing doughnut, my husband ate it......the rest are for the 8 year old bag of bones that lives in the house.....I am hoping the obesity gene has skipped over him!

moonchild1968
on 3/22/13 1:46 pm - Tucker, GA

I'm sleeve pre-op, but just wanted to tell you to keep hanging in there.  You are so right that you have come too far to turn back now and ruin it.  Delayed gratification has no better meaning than waiting until you are at least cleared for solids.  Congrats for recognizing that "No" for right now does not mean never.  Saying "No" to Krispy Kreme is no small feat.  Good going!

loveyameanit
on 3/22/13 1:49 pm

Thanks for the encouragement!!!!

moonchild1968
on 3/22/13 1:52 pm - Tucker, GA

You betcha.

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/13 2:02 pm

I know its not his fault that made you sick but, he has to be considerent about it and you and what must you be going through,.... if you don't talk or make some changes its gonna get worse.... So talk it over first plus, he might have a higher mabit, higher than you... and it makes it look like you the bad guy... take him to dietrian with you...sorry words spelled all wrong bare with me.... just need a back bone sweetie.....weeble-wabble

loveyameanit
on 3/23/13 4:55 am

I appreciate your words. I do have to say though that my hubs had lap band in 08 and he doesn't use it like he should. I have come to the conclusion that I am obly responsible for me and what I put into my body. I do think though that it may be disrespectful to bring foods that I liked in the past..

My strategy is to avoid it at all costs and think about what my ultimate goals are!

I just keep on keepin on!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 443 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views