hiding in my car

artmaker
on 4/3/13 11:53 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with
I'm sitting in my car, about four blocks from my house, eating and thinking.

Today i sit in my car, eating my pre planned dinner with 20 grams of protein, because i just got out of class, have family visiting and quite frankly i don't wanna deal with them.

More significantly, I'm thinking about how up until i started my wls journey i used to regularly sneak off in my car to a nearby drive through and eat in my car a couple blocks away cause i was so ashamed of what i was doing.

I'm so grateful for the physical changes, of course, but it's the emotional and educated changes I'm most thankful for.

Also, thank you guys for just being on here! Just sharing this story that maybe 10 people will read makes me feel like I'm not a such a weirdo in a parked car

"Only the noble of heart are called to difficulty"

-Soren Kierkegaard

Kusoreo
on 4/3/13 12:08 pm - ID
VSG on 11/19/12

You are SO not a weirdo!  I can completely relate to that aspect of my life pre-VSG.  I'm so thankful to feel liberated from it.  Thank you for sharing this and good job on your journey!

~Elizabeth 

5'8"  HW: 296  SW: 284  CW: 184  GW: 160

WorkItOutWoman
on 4/3/13 12:09 pm
I haven't eaten in my car since surgery. It used to be an almost daily ritual stopping at a drive thru for either lunch or dinner. The first time I drove it was a weird feeling passing my old friends McDonald's Burger King Taco Bell sonic etc without pulling over.

BoutThatLife

Keith L.
on 4/3/13 12:15 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

We are all here to listen and we all have our little oddities. Vent away any time. Unfortunately not wanting to deal with family is a very common problem among us. At some point you have to and the best way is to show that you are taking charge of your life in positive ways like eating right regardless of what they think or say.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Puffessa
on 4/3/13 12:39 pm

Naaaaaah. If you want us to think you are a weirdo you are going to have to try *much* harder. kiss

Diana E.
on 4/3/13 12:58 pm
VSG on 03/27/13

I used to do the same thing.  I would hit the drive thru and get something to eat before picking the kids up from school, then take them to another drive thru for a snack and get myself another meal.  Before surgery, I never felt full... ever.  I could physically tell that my stomach was full, but my brain kept telling me I was hungry.  I would eat and eat and eat.  It was never ending and frankly, it was sad.  I waited so long for this surgery, and am so thankful, like many others to have this wonderful tool.  I feel like I am getting to learn to live a life that was hiding from me.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

cymbalom
on 4/3/13 1:32 pm
I hide in my car because I can escape my family and my telephone, and eat while listening to the radio. Nothing weird about you!

Angie from Missouri
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/13 4:21 pm

Sounds to me like you're taking care of yourself.

Probably feels weird because eating in your car was a previous behavior of which you were ashamed.

You've got to be far weirder than this for me to think of you as weird!

Sleeveless
on 4/3/13 6:30 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

I think it's great that you treated yourself to some quiet time and ate mindfully. Well done!

katie L.
on 4/4/13 12:36 am

I know what you mean, I love my family I am on the pre-op diet,so sometimes I make my shake get in my car go to the market parking lot and play a cd and sip and read my Bible and think. Sometimes I don't  want to be ask is that all you are having for lunch? I just want to be alone. My husband knows and understands when i make my shake get my Bible and head for the car he'll say see you later girl, that's what he calls me. He is so understanding. Sometime you need to just be.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views