psychological assessment/AmeriChoice (Tennessee)

Valvlln
on 7/3/13 6:24 am - TN
Went to a siminar last night for Dr.Woodman and made an appointment for Sept.3rd for his office in Memphis. At the siminar i recived a check list of sorts of the things i need to get done. One of which is a psych assessment. They provided a number for a local Dr. that im assuming they often worth with. I called said Dr. an they don't accept my insurance. Out of pocket fees would be $280.00 I was wondering if anyone knows of a place i can go for my psych that takes AmeriChoice. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Carmelita
on 7/3/13 6:54 am - Four Corners, NM
VSG on 06/12/13
Do you have access to an employee assistance program? I recently found out I had access to 5 free mental health appts through mine.

Hope that opens some doors for you...good luck!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Calking
on 7/3/13 9:16 am
VSG on 05/31/12

I don't know the answer but perhaps looking on AmeriChoice's website they have a list of doctors that are local to you.  Failing to find something on their website I would call them and ask them for a psychologist in your area.  I am sure that they can send you in the right direction.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Hislady
on 7/4/13 6:10 am - Vancouver, WA

My insurance only covered a portion of the psych visit and I still ended up having to pay $400 for 2 visits, it's not unusual.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views