Vacation and The Scale

Healthy4Life2012
on 7/6/13 4:27 am
First time in my life that I brought my scale with me on vacation!! I'm really hoping I can come home staying the same or even a little less. Very worried. I plan on walking on the beach a lot and swimming, taking the stairs and maybe even working out in the weight room BUT the food thing has got me nervous! How do you keep on track when there is so many temptations???
Mlkpas
on 7/6/13 5:06 am - Pasadena, CA

I have been on quite a few vacations since surgery and one thing that has really helped is making a firm rule that I will not eat anything unless it is DELICIOUS.  There is a ton of food available on vacation but a lot of it is mediocre, so I save my calories for the really, really good stuff.  Also, while on vacation I don't use the elevator at all except when I have to transport my bags.  For example, I went on a cruise where my room was on Deck 7 and used the stairs the whole time.  Between the"delicious food only" rule and using the stairs, I didn't gain any weight even though I enjoyed a lot of great food (and drink!).

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

Nancybefree
on 7/6/13 6:15 am, edited 7/6/13 6:18 am
VSG on 11/21/12

We're going away for a few days next week.  I am bringing some of my go-to foods with me, including protein shakes and my dense proteins.  Our room will have a fridge and a microwave, so I should be in good shape.  When/if we go to a restaurant I plan either to pick a dense protein and some green veg from the menu or else just drin****d tea -- which I -- and eat when we get back to the room.   My husband and the kids are totally cool with that.  I am bringing a small food scale along as well.

I'm not going to give in.  I am too close to goal to toy with my food plan now.  Not criticizing anyone else for what they do or don't do on vacation, but that's just how I'm approaching it.  I know that I won't feel the least bit deprived, especially when I look down at my flatter-all-the-time stomach and when I realize that I am not dying in the East Coast heat and humidity and am actually ENJOYING our vacation rather than merely enduring it.  Those delights and more are courtesy of being sleeved and adhering closely to my plan.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

mickeymantle
on 7/6/13 3:33 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

forget the scale unless your going for more than a week or 2 , bring your food scale instead , you will only drive yourself crazy weighing every day

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views