Guess I need some moral support..

hollyk79
on 7/12/13 3:07 am - NE ALBERTA, Canada
with

and I'm not even the one who had surgery. My husband had his sleeve done on Wednesday afternoon with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta. Yesterday went fairly well.. he was up walking quite a bit and feeling relatively ok. Today has been bad though. Lots of pain... and then he vomited, which of course was super painful. They just put in a new IV and took him for an upper GI endoscopy to see if they can find the source of the pain.

I guess I just need to know that this is all going to be OK... Did anyone else have a lot of pain on day 2 (or is it day 3?)?  I am waiting in his room stressing out. The other lady who had surgery the same day as him was already discharged this morning and sent to the hotel.

Joy M.
on 7/12/13 3:21 am
VSG on 08/06/13

I haven't had surgery yet so I'm not a ton of help but ur family is in my prayers. I hope he recovers well. Although this is rough thanks for sharing so I know what I can expect in a month or so. 

grayC
on 7/12/13 3:32 am
VSG on 05/01/13
My hubby had a lot of pain and nausea for about a week after surgery...
He was dry heaving in the hospital and at home and little by little he had less incidents of it...I don't know why the dr would give him a GI after only 2 days post-op..unless they were actually doing the swallow test and decided to look around...
Try not to worry, he'll feel better and better every day that passes...

hollyk79
on 7/12/13 3:55 am - NE ALBERTA, Canada
with

Well, he's back from the endoscopy and feeling better somewhat. The doctor told us there was a small ulcer, probably caused by one of the staples. And this is apparently what could have been causing his pain. So, thankfully, nothing major. He was given an Rx for it and we will still go to the hotel in a couple hours. Very relieved...

My husband is convinced that the perfume of a woman that we were speaking with in the hallway is what made him vomit. Of course he was already feeling cruddy but the strong smell is what put him over the edge, so to speak :(

Sandy M.
on 7/12/13 4:18 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I had the dry heaves for 2 days in the hospital - I knew what it was from - the pain meds.  The anti-nausea meds they gave me didn't touch it, even though they tried 3 different kinds.  I finally asked that the IV be stopped and asked to be given Tylenol only.  Guess what - the nausea went away!  I knew from previous surgeries that pain meds and me don't get along, but it still sucked.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

akr9911
on 7/12/13 4:46 am
VSG on 06/20/13

Day 1 I was too tired and you know anesthesized to feel lousy. Day 2 I didn't have pain like that BUT the nausea and heaves were just AWFUL. Know that they are keeping him to take care of him, and he's getting the care he needs. He's where he should be right now. I'm sorry he's feeling so lousy though, and I'm sorry you're stressing. Breathe.

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views