hydrostatic body fat test next Tuesday!

Marioksig
on 7/18/13 9:02 am - Santa Clara, CA

So I have been on a stall for A LONG TIME!!!! but the good news is I have been continuing to loose inches and feeling stronger and stronger week by week.

I have been in the 230's for at least 2-3 months. My goal was to reach 225 and to be honest I should have made some significant diet changes sooner to reach that goal, but I was and am happy. BUT, I want to see that number so this last week I have made the necessary changes and am taking the "balls to the wall" approach. I have recently become interested in the body building world ( i never plan to compete, just want to look like The Rock, lol) so my diet is now very strict again and my desire to loose more weight while adding muscle mass is keeping me away from **** food!

I wanted to measure my body fat as this in my opinion is the true measure of success and not the scale, and to get the most accurate reading it reacquires a body dunk test. I have no clue what to expect, but I am going to do it on Tuesday and then every three moths moving forward!

has anyone done this? I am thinking that my excess skin will make it larger than I would want to see... but that is life... When I reach 215 I will schedule my appointment with the plastic surgeon.

100 LBS gone in 3 Months! - 150 LBS gone in just over 5 Months! 

200 LBS gone in just under 9 Months!

Please Check out my blog:
www.sheddingounces.net  

datachick
on 7/18/13 9:56 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

I"ve done it twice, and plan on doing it regularly to keep on track. It's very easy. I went to a mobile van, did it right there in the van. There was two tiny dressing rooms, the tank of water, and a guy with a little shelf with his computer on it. Wear your suit or bring it, bring a towel, and what you're gonna change into afterwards. You just sit in there and put a weight on your lap, hold your nose, lean back into the water and blow every bubble of air you can out because it'll show as fat. They'll tell you all of this. They do it until they get two good readings (at least my guy does, I don't know if there are 'standards' to this process). The report I got was awesome, and seriously when I worked my ass off at the gym, it was spectacular to see the results there on paper. The scale doesn't move much for me any more, so the body fat % is what I'm looking at. I love it. Good luck! And good for you for doing it! When I mention it to friends, they usually say "Oh I have to loose a lot more weight before I do that!" which I understand, I would have thought the same thing a long time ago. But it's really a great way to measure how you are doing. Good luck!

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/13 1:12 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
I do the DXA scan as its the most accurate in term of body fat, muscle and bone and will tell you exactly how much muscle you have in each limb. I learned about it here on OH when another member had it done so I researched if it was available here in WA and found the one location locally that does it. I had my first one done in April and am going for my 2nd one this Saturday. I'm anxious to look for any muscle gain and I love the detail of the report which will now include a comparison from my previous report. It is a bit costly but worth every penny to me for the information that I receive from the test - $125.
HilaryH8103
on 7/18/13 4:11 pm - WA
Hey Karen,

Where do you go to have this scan done? I would love to do one myself. Is this something that insurance absolutely will not cover?

Thanks,
Hilary
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/13 10:40 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
Hilary - no insurance does not cover this. The place for the scan is the Washington Institute of Sports Medicine and it's located in Kirkland, well actually over on the backside of Totem Lake Mall. In addition to the body scan then can add in the regular bone density scan for an additional $50. I don't do the bone density scan because my Dr's office does it in house.

This scan is worth every single penny because you get such fantastic detail about your body and your muscle, fat, and bone content. I have lost 10lbs since my last one done in April after I reached goal so I'm anxious to find out how much if any muscle I have gained while losing those 10 lbs. I will have another in 3 months as I will be working to put on about 10 to 15 lbs of muscle.
HilaryH8103
on 7/18/13 5:02 pm - WA
http://www.bodyfattest.com/calendar-.html
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/13 10:43 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
http://washington-institute.com/dxa-dexa-scan-body-composition-fat-testing-in-seattle-area/
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views