The scale was nice on my 4 week anniversary!

Jennifer L.
on 8/8/13 1:14 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Yesterday marked 4 weeks since my surgery. Four weeks since I made the journey to Mexico all alone to get my life back. It has been a rather smooth ride. The first weeks were easy yet hard at the same time. You never realize how much you desire to chew until you are on a liquid diet for a few weeks!! Moving up to more solid foods has been rather easy. Taking is slow is key (when I ate too fast was when I would feel sick). I had been great with my walking, but not the last week or so... 
So much going on, I just haven't been out as much as I would like. 

Anyway, despite not being able to walk like I wanted, my scale was very nice on my 4 week anniversary! I officially hit a 25lb loss. I thought it may have been a fluke, so I weighed again this morning... but sure enough, same! (Actually, I may have lost another 1/2lb because the needle on my scale was bouncing just under the 235). I can NOT wait to be cleared to do more workouts! I know that once I can start working out regularly, along with my decreased calories, I will really kick start the weight loss. I know many people disagree and say that exercise wont make a difference in weight loss. However, I know my body and I always lose weight when I have a regular workout schedule and can kick up the endurance. Sadly, the years after I gained the 100lbs from my pregnancy, I had so many complications that regular workouts were nearly impossible. However, now that many other issues have been resolved and I have a tool to help me, kicking my workout up will only make my results even better!!!

I am just excited! 

Thank you scale for not being mean to me on my 4 week! lol

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Debra M.
on 8/8/13 1:19 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
Good job. Keep up the good work. Welcome to the losers bench.

Jennifer L.
on 8/8/13 1:24 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

thank you 

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

lnettles1963
on 8/8/13 1:19 am
VSG on 07/12/13

That is awesome, you are rocking it!!!!!!  

Jennifer L.
on 8/8/13 1:25 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thank you! I was very happy my scale decided to be nice!! It hadnt moved (again) in 5 days. 

Instagram

lnettles1963
on 8/8/13 3:53 am
VSG on 07/12/13

I'm glad it cooperated for you too!!!  I have had weeks like that, it doesn't move for 4 days then bam, I'm down three pounds. Mind games!!!!  There I am, an adult, calling a little machine nasty names.  lol

People tell me to stay off the scales but that is not one thing I can/will do.

Congrats on your walking, you are definitely doing far better than me in that department. I did hook up the Wii Fit again and started back on it. I forgot how much fun it can be, it really doesn't feel like exercise.

Anyway, Keep at it and again so happy for your progress!!!

Jennifer L.
on 8/8/13 3:58 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thank you!! I love to walk, but not thrilled about doing it alone, which is part of why I wasn't walking as much. My husband hates to walk. lol 

So glad you were able to get back into your wii fit!! 

I have tried to not be mean to the scale... in hopes that it would be nice in return. LOL But seriously... thats been how mine has worked. A few days with nothing, then a drop. I check every day, mostly because if I waited a week and it STILL didnt drop, that would be more upsetting than weigh every day and seeing the same number... because then I dont realize exactly how long it has been at that number until I really think about it. However, if I waited a week then I would KNOW its been a week... and knowing its been a full week with no changes would be so upsetting! Plus, I figure as long as it isn't going up, I am ok!!! (I know when I workout harder it might creep up a bit just because of the water retention from all the working out... hopefully I can get enough water in to prevent that). 

Instagram

lnettles1963
on 8/8/13 8:47 am
VSG on 07/12/13

Water has been an issue for me, been drinking propel and powerade zero, but still cannot get in the 80 oz my Dr wants.

I feel full or bloated, I know I know , I was told by one of the vets that can't be, but it still feels like that to me. But I am doing better everyday, just pushing forward. Everyday I am learning something new!!!!

So glad to have people that had surgery at the same time to share this with, I could not stand it if I was doing this alone and did not have people to talk to. I feel really good about the program I am following, but sometimes I need someone to say "Okay, you are fine"  LOL

I'll take your advice and start calling my scale sweet names!!!

Best Wishes!!!!

Jennifer L.
on 8/8/13 9:27 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I am with you!! Sometimes water can make me feel full. Not for a long time... but full none the less. Also, water works better for me if its really cold... HOWEVER... the water being so cold hurts my throat. lol I get a bit of a freeze when I am drinking my water beyond a sip. haha But once it reaches my tummy it feels nice.

Instagram

lnettles1963
on 8/8/13 11:53 am
VSG on 07/12/13

Isn't it funny how this works, I am the opposite. Can't do cold, all my drinks need to be room temperature.  I get that gurgle gurgle felling and then a little pain.

The G2 series of Gatorade goes down really well, but can't afford to drink my carbs.

Oh well, I will just keep chugging along. LOL

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 67 views