Pre Op Books

kjo74
on 8/7/13 10:42 am - Lincoln, NE
Good evening!....

Was wondering what, if any, books you may have read to prep for the lifestyle and emotional changes that will be happening with being sleeved.

I have my 2nd psych evaluation tomorrow, my nutritionist evaluation next Thursday and my final fitness evaluation next Saturday. Finally, I will have a surgery educational class September 5th. Then it goes for insurance approval.

I have been watching you tube vlogs, reading the posts here and studying my papers from the surgeon. I am trying to do all the prep work I can to make sure I am hitting the ground well prepped once I get that surgery date!!
princesswimmer24
on 8/7/13 12:12 pm - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

The psychologist that works with my surgeons group highly recommends all of his patients read The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person  I know a lot of people on OH have read it and recommend it as well. Good Luck!!!

aklinda
on 8/7/13 3:20 pm - AK

"Weight loss surgery for dummies".  "Weight loss surgery cookbook for dummies"  and "Eating well after weight loss surgery"  Obviously, I'm a dummy who wants to know specifically what I can eat afterwards  Surgery on 8/19.

pugmadkate
on 8/7/13 3:59 pm

I just read Jen Larsen's Stranger Here about her bariatric weight loss journey and found it interesting.

I also read the book you see advertised here, Successful Weight Loss with the Gastric Sleeve by Dr. Guillermo Alvarez.  It's a short book but packed with useful information for pre and post-op.  I've not had my surgery yet but I plan on keeping this book close at hand once I do.  http://www.thegastricsleeve.com/

Most Active