could use some encouragement

great.lakes.girl.
on 8/12/13 6:17 am
I'm about 11 weeks out and I could really use some encouragement. for the last 2 weeks I have not had my head and the game . I have been way over doing the carbs , grazing , and eating around my sleeve. I know what I should be doing but I just haven't been doing it . today I am re committing myself to the plan I just hope I didn't stretch out my sleeve.

thank you in advance for any words of encouragement all comments are greatly appreciated
Tracy D.
on 8/12/13 6:32 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I think it's really important at this stage in the game that you figure out WHY you were eating like that.  Were you just being willful?  Having a lot of head hunger?  Going through a lot of stress?   Whatever the reason, you need to figure it out and work with a professional to find some other coping methods....because food just can't be your coping mechanism any more.  You know that...

I was sleeved just a couple weeks before you.  And I know you didn't jump through all those hoops, go through all that pain, and pay all that money to fail at this.  You know what you have to do to get back on track.  Now get your head back in the game and JUST DO IT! 

I am rooting for you

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

great.lakes.girl.
on 8/12/13 6:44 am
thank you

I will just do it ! I know why I ate that way my pug died suddenly and I became overwhelmed with grief and I just could not stop myself but I am in this for life and I know I have to stay on plan . Again thank you for the encouragement.
Tracy D.
on 8/12/13 7:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Awwww, so sorry to hear about your dog :-(  

I'm glad you know why you ate, now you have to think of other things to do when life gets stressful...and you have to practice!   Practice your new stress-busting techniques during the little crises so you're ready when something major happens.  Because - face it - life doesn't get any easier as we get older. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Cathy K.
on 8/12/13 10:28 am

I know I would be lost without my little buddy, sorry for your loss

Nmmsg
on 8/12/13 7:08 am
VSG on 07/09/13
The good news is you are new and it is pretty hard to overeat. So sorry about your dog. They are family to alot of us. You can get back on track. Go!
great.lakes.girl.
on 8/12/13 7:16 am
Thank you
Nancybefree
on 8/12/13 7:30 am
VSG on 11/21/12

I am sorry to hear that you've lost your dog.  It is never easy. 

Bringing your  struggle here to the forum is helping not only you, but others as well.  It's good that you are facing up to the issue. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Kimbaru
on 8/12/13 7:50 am - WA

I'm so sorry about your dog!  Most of us have used food to sooth ourselves in the past.  Try to stick to a plan, sometimes having structure can be just as comforting.  Hugs,

Kim

great.lakes.girl.
on 8/12/13 9:09 am
Thank you
Most Active