Being a Good Example...

dmhe
on 8/30/13 1:01 pm - TX

I have a family member that is getting surgery soon.  I am so excited for her.  I have been a little lax the past couple of months and put on about 4lbs.  She just had her consult, so I guess it motivated me to get back to my goal weight.  I tracked and went back down to 800 cal/day and of course, I already dropped 1.8 lbs.  I am 13 mos out.  We had a couple of other relatives that had the surgery about 4 months before me and they did not follow the rules.  Maybe their surgeon did not give them the kind of guidelines mine did but I am pretty sure what they eat is not part of any surgeons plan.  They did not want have restrictions and one is gaining some weight back and the other one is maintaining and diabetes is back. I know that you can get a lot of cookies, crackers and chips down your sleeve if you want to, maybe not a whole bag, but enough to sabotage your hard work.  One of them said they wished that they would have done what I did.  It was not a secret plan, I told anyone that asked where I got my info...

Hopefully my family member will be successful, but I think she wanted to see how I did and watched all of us.  She is a very private person, so I never bring up the subject, only answer questions when I am asked.

So now, I have to be a good example and show her that anyone can be successful if they want to, but it takes work. I can't wait for her to be able to enjoy life again, she deserves it.

Debra M.
on 8/30/13 1:27 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Sounds like you are a good friend as well as a family member.  I wish her all the luck in the world.  Luckily she has you to guide her, if she needs any help.

Most Active