Day 3 post

RoMoFo
on 9/22/13 1:44 am
VSG on 09/19/13

I am sleeved!  Can't really believe I went through with it!!  My biggest incision is so friggin painful!  My stomach has this continuous grumbling that is annoying me to the max.  My cycle came yesterday and its about a week or so EARLY, so that's fantastic as all you ladies can imagine how wonderful that is.   The area where they removed the drain like where it unraveled from feels weird and I guess because it hurt like hell when they took it out that I can deal with feeling weird.  All these sensations I'm feeling, I don't know if they are normal.  It hurts to move and I'm having a bit of buyers remorse.  I would be fine if I at least felt good/normal and couldn't eat anything solid.  But I feel like crap and drinking crystal light going on two weeks is just not helping lol.  It's a lot harder to deal with than I thought but hopefully I will get out of this funk and start feeling better.  Thanks for letting me vent.  I'm sure there's more but I don't have the energy or any of that to post anymore

Sandy M.
on 9/22/13 2:44 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Take care of yourself - I took 2 naps a day for a week, then one nap a day for another week.  Every day you'll feel a little better, trust me.  If at all possible, get outside and walk as much as you can.  It'll help with the post-surgical gas, plus the sunshine and fresh air might make you feel better.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

MayPenGirl
on 9/22/13 3:09 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

You will feel better soon.  I too had buyer's remorse the first week.  I have low tolerance for pain and I was in a lot of pain.  It did pass and by week 2 and 3 I was feeling much better.

All the sensations you are feeling are normal.  They will pass.  I promise it will get better!!

I'm 6 months out and my stomach still makes that crazy sound.  I'm not sure if this sound ever goes away. 

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

APhoenixAlwaysRises
on 9/22/13 4:02 am, edited 9/22/13 4:02 am
VSG on 11/05/13

So happy for you! You will be feeling better in no time! I can so relate to your one dilemma. My cycle is right on course for my surgery date. Ugh. Get lots of rest and I hope you have better days to come. :)

Ivorybird
on 9/22/13 4:24 am - San Francisco, CA
VSG on 09/19/13
I'm with you - we were sleeved the same day and I'm a bit sore also. That one large incision is the worst. I'm trying like heck to get enough fluids, etc. I second the walking - it's been helping. Good luck!
misstara
on 9/22/13 4:34 am

I too am day 3 post op.....congratulations!  I was allergic to the medications they gave me and was vomiting for hours and hours after post op. so I to went through some "buyers remorse" and 4 of the 6 ladies on my floor (including myself) started our periods!  BUT I kept walking and sleeping and now I am making my way through fluids and I feel better today than I did yesterday.

Stay strong and walk and sip.....it can only get better when it starts out that rough :)

MamaStroStro
on 9/22/13 5:17 am

I am day 4 post op.  Like several on here, I was on my time during surgery too...yuck!  Everything went pretty well, but I had a lot of nausea and some regrets.  We can do this and it will get better!  I can't wait to get my drain out...5 more days. 

MaMa StroStro

Keep the promises you make to yourself! 

RoMoFo
on 9/22/13 6:17 am
VSG on 09/19/13

I am so glad I did not have to come home with that dang thing!  It hurt like a son of a you know what to get taken out but has been better not having to worry about it getting snagged or dragging etc.  I'm ready to feel good and have more energy and I'm not the most patient person, I have to admit. It's hard watching everyone eat and enjoy themselves and u are stuck with a water or some broth and feel like the odd man out.  I keep having to remind myself that this was my decision not everyone around me.  So I have just been dealing with it.  It's been hard going on two weeks but there's nothing I can do at this point.  Can't go back so have to move forward.  I am tired and grumpy I guess.  A lot of things running a mile a minute in my head.

rostoswr
on 9/23/13 1:32 pm
Congrats on getting sleeved. I was sleeved on Sept 9th. After surgery I had buyers remorse for a day or two b/c of the irritation from the gas pain. The pain with go away really soon. One of my incisions was closing great and opened back up so I am still dealing with the healing of that, but it's not painful. Bandages are causing me allergic reactions around it.

I have been a little impatient and wanting to eat food also, but my advice to you would be patient and listen to your body. Taking in more fluids will get easier as the days come. I have been having acid reflux and occasional vomiting after eating small meals. I can't even consume an ounce of soft protein food in one setting. This has been the hardest for me...not knowing if my new stomach will keep the food down or not. I see the pounds dropping and so will you. When this happens to me I quickly go back to a full liquid diet for a few meal periods.

As far as the period goes, my period literally was on the week before surgery and magically came back on a week after surgery and is still on (heavy). Definitely not used to this.

Sorry for long reply. Good luck on your journey and feel better, be patient, and don't allow the food others are consuming to get to you. Seeing the pounds coming off will help with this.
jenamir21
on 9/22/13 11:19 am
VSG on 10/14/13

OMG...I haven't been sleeved yet and my biggest fear is the pain. I am not good with pain at all. I wish you ladies the very best in your recovery. I pray that things get better for you. Keep us posted on how everything goes!

28 YO 5'11 HW:315 GW:185 SW:293

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views