5 months today...

grayC
on 9/30/13 11:53 pm
VSG on 05/01/13
It has been an excellent month... I'm down another 8 lbs
Weighing in at 150 for the past couple days and 75 # lost!!!!
150 was going to be my goal weight when I first started this journey, but I lowered it, to 130 as an ultimate goal because frankly I have no memory of being 130...
I'm of a normal BMI and have been since I hit 154#...
I'm happy with how I look and even more importantly how I feel...
I can't wrap my head around how losing weight seems to have lifted all the sadness, seems too simplistic to me...
As I was responding to Kariks post on is candy bad...I had a flashback of how I felt pre VSG and a thought crossed my kind...maybe this happiness is temporary? Will my sadness return when all this becomes my new normal?
God I hope not, I have not been this happy in decades...I'm loving life...I hope it stays with me...I really worked hard this month to get those 8#, increasing my workouts and decreasing calories, well really just getting hold of mindless eating...
No snacking on slices of cheese!! Had a bad turn with some homemade cookies that caused a 4# increase....lesson learned there!
Am I an addict?....possibly yes...can I never, ever have a cookie or cake again..no..
But it will not be an every day, week or even month occasion anymore...I'm good with that...I'm not seeking it out at all..if it's in front of me, then it gets hard..but this is all ahuge learning experience with me...I have to look these issues in the eye and have self-control...the other way is bad, bad news and I lived that compulsive life for too long...I'm the boss! I'm in control...I have decided that shoving sweets down my throat in the end solved nothing, I was still depressed and miserable and then I compounded it with guilt b/c I couldNOT control myself...
Every nite before bed I reflect on the day the good, bad and ugly, and every nite I say thank you for the gift of the sleeve...it has helped me gain what I could not without it..and that is control!
Have a great day OH peeps!

sonia29
on 10/1/13 12:23 am

Congrats!

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

MsBobbiTX
on 10/1/13 12:47 am
VSG on 09/16/13

angry

Shagdoll
on 10/1/13 2:05 am

Wow, you are doing amazing!!!!  Rockin' it for sure!!!  Congrats on all your success!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

frisco
on 10/1/13 2:26 am

Great 5 months !!!

You "Get it" !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Tracy D.
on 10/1/13 2:32 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

What a fabulous 5 months you've had - major congrats on all the success from your hard work.  You are out there and really living your life now.  You ARE in control and are the creator of all your own happiness now...the depression can just stay banished :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 377 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views