My Son!

pharmagirl_45
on 10/24/13 9:32 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
I just told my 20yr old son that I got denied today and his response, "you don't need it anyway just work out"!

If it was that easy, I would. I know he is concerned about me having surgery but darn. He wasn't supporting me in the beginning but he knew how much it meant to me so he got on board!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/13 10:04 am - Canada

Hey probably just doesn't get it and thinks he is being supportive.  I have a son, 19, and he says things that makes me cry.  Not because he's trying to hurt me but because he's at that awkward teen/young adult stage that makes him think less and talk more.  

Forget him, what about you?  Can you appeal their decision?  I'll say a prayer that everything goes through!

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/13 10:07 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

I understand how you feel. My 22 year old daughter was the same way. She would say you don't need the surgery. But once she saw me following the plan, taking my vitamins, exercising and losing weight and being healthy she felt good about my decision to have surgery.  Good luck I hope you can appeal and schedule your surgery! Best thing I ever did!

pharmagirl_45
on 10/24/13 10:11 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
Yes, it's going to be appealed. Cigna said I was missing my psy evaul but I know it was submitted. I also have to get a letter from PCP and I spoke to them today. Hopefully this will be approved next week.

Thanks ladies

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Vanessa_M
on 10/24/13 12:43 pm
My 20 year old son said I would end up looking like the guy on the Airheads wrapper (big big head, little body). He was just nervous about me having surgery. 102 pounds later, he's right! My head is huge. lol. Its all good though, I feel great and, in the end, he's proud of me and will be running a 5k with me in December. Our boys....they love their moms just the way we are. Good luckk with your appeal. I was denied at first too.

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Member Services
on 10/24/13 12:51 pm - Irvine, CA

Best wishes on your appeal.  It sounds like it was a technical denial.  With all the required documentation you will hopefully have an approval soon.  Keep us posted!

pineview01
on 10/24/13 1:15 pm - Davison, MI

Good to hear it was just that 100% of your paperwork wasn't turned in.  Good luck with your readmission.  I was lucky that my DD was the one to look into WLS first.  Unfortunately she passed the prego test just before getting her band, so I was the unlucky one that ended up with the band first.  She was able to watch me suffer and was able to get the sleeve due to my research.  Than my sister saw how well she did and followed suit.  So I had lots of support from family.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jacreasy
on 10/25/13 1:09 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

Appeal, Don't give up.... Hes young and they don't understand... He loves you no matter what and probably feels you don't need it! good Luck! 

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views