2 Weeks Post-Op

see_saw_run
on 11/3/13 12:25 pm

Ahhhhh-- first post. 

Also, I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area, I have been lurking these boards for so long I feel like I should know better.

I was sleeved on October 18th. At the start of my Pre Op Diet I was 308, and am now 279.

However, I am wondering if some of the things I am experiencing are normal? My anxiety is long standing, and I'm absolutely one of those people who insanely googles and WebMDs things and panics over self diagnosis. 

I have my 2 week follow up appointment tomorrow with both my nutritionist and surgeon.

I am on pureed food right now but am terrified I am not doing it properly. I keep telling myself if it feels like its liquid in my mouth I can swallow it? I'm not going crazy by any means, eating lots of protein and vegetables mostly,  and using MFP to track (around 400-500 calories a day), but I feel like I was given very little guidance and am buried under all the research I have done. 

Especially with vitamins and protein. The chewables are becoming unbearable and Premier is about the only protein I am able to stomach. But I see you all making so many delicious looking things! Im jealous!

I am also having a hard time with liquids. I am terrified I am drinking too fast. Did anyone else have this problem? Like, I forget I am not supposed to gulp until I feel it right at the bottom of my throat. 

I am sorry for the rambling in this post. I'm quite nervous to post for the first time and you all always seem to be very knowledgeable. I am terrified of failing myself and this procedure I am so lucky to have had. I appreciate any feedback or information anyone can give me. And again I apologize if I posted improperly! Thank you so much.

-Sarah

Scott S.
on 11/3/13 12:36 pm - TX
Congrats! Sounds like you are making some good progress.

I am 12 weeks out and can say the food intake has been trial and error. My cue was a little tightness at the top of my stomach. I tried to pu**** a few times, but not really my best idea.

The tough one for me was liquids. I started taking bigger sips/almost gulps about 2 weeks ago and was fine.

It takes about 6-8 weeks for your sleeve to heal and swelling to reduce. The volume picks up a little then.

Test out your limits and know your cues. Everyone is different!

Good luck!

VSG: 8/8/13 

see_saw_run
on 11/3/13 12:51 pm

Thank you so much for replying! And for sharing! 

Trial and error for sureeee, some days I feel really great and confident in what I've done, and others I'm just miserable and give myself a hard time. I have had the urge to pu*** as well, but it hasn't actually worked out. not my best idea either!

It's so nice to know a little bit of a time table. I am still working on fighting the demons of head hunger, and find myself eating about once every 2-3 hours even if it is small. I'm trying to get to three meals and two Premiers a day, ideally. It's just all so intense. 

It sounds like you are making great progress as well! Congrats on your work so far!! 

Thanks again,

Sarah

mkvand
on 11/3/13 6:21 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Have you thought about getting a cup with a lid that only has a small opening to drink from?  That should keep you from being able to take too large a drink.  Eating protein, veggies, two shakes, and plenty of water sounds like you're exactly where you should be.

LosingSarah
on 11/3/13 10:58 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

It sounds like you are doing fine. If it was not right I think you'd feel uncomfortable. Keep up the good work!

Most Active