First appointment over, billions more scheduled

Gwen M.
on 12/3/13 2:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi all!  

I had my first appointment with my surgeon yesterday and it went super well!  He agrees that VSG is a good option for me and was super positive and encouraging.  

Then I scheduled my first appointment with the nutritionist, an endoscopy, an appointment with my PCP for a letter of recommendation, and the appointment for the psych eval.  If all goes smoothly, I should be able to get this thing done in February at the latest!  So super exciting.  

I also told my parents about my plan.  I hadn't wanted to until I was certain it was a go, and then my dad got cancer for which he's starting chemo this week, so it just seemed like there was no good time to tell them.  But we had a really great talk last night about it and they were extremely supportive.  They're concerned because surgery is always something to be concerned about, but they're really glad for me that I'm doing this and feel confident that I'm making the right choice based on all the research I've done.  

So, I must say, yesterday was a pretty fan-freaking-tastic sort of day :D

VPrincess228
on 12/3/13 2:58 am
VSG on 02/03/14

Congrats!!!!!!!  With my surgeon, you have to have all the testing and everything done before you meet with him and then its time to schedule surgery!  Kinda funny that your first step is my last step :)  I'll be meeting with my surgeon one week from today!  Just follow all their instructions to a T to make sure all your ducks are in a row to schedule surgery!  Congratulations again! broken heart

LAURA 28 years old  Height: 5' 6 1/2"  HW: 265  SW: 237  CW: 184

M1 -18  M2 -13  M3 -12  M4 -8

Gwen M.
on 12/3/13 3:02 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanks!  Good luck to you too :D

tdallison
on 12/3/13 3:11 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

I remember how excited I was after my first appointment.  Hope things move along quickly for you

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Gwen M.
on 12/3/13 3:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Thank you!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views